Hello fellow Fodorits
We would like your expert opinion and suggestions on our first trip to Morocco. The group consist of my husband and I as well as my parents (late fifties) We all have travelled the world over but this will be the first trip to Northern Africa. We like adventure and culture but the main aim with our trip is a mother and daughter shopping spree in the markets with some rest next to the coast to catch some of the last sun rays (We are from Ireland and South Africa respectively) We like budget holidays (not like in hostels) so that we can splash out on great food and buy some articles. So here goes
We are flying into Casablanca Airport were we will be renting a car (hopefully from one of the local agencies but website details on them are hard to find - so if anybody can help)
Then driving to Meknes the same day for 2 nights in Ibis Moussafir Meknes - mainly the market and the Roman Ruines
Then onto Fes for 3 nights - I hear the market here is the best!!!! We are planning to stay in Diamant Vert just outside Fes
Then onto Marrakesh - but we are planning to sleep somewhere between Fes and Marrakesh - any recommendations would be wonderful ??dessert sleep/Kasbahs
In Marrakesh we will be staying in Riad Dar Beldia for 2 nights
Then drive on to Essaouira were we are renting Dar Mussarat - a whole riad to ourselves!!! For 4 nights
Then we will drive back to Casablanca with one sleep over in Oualidia - hear the oysters and seafood is great - any recommentation re accommodation are welcome!!!!
So what do you think???? We would love to spend some more time in Essaouira as we would like to rest but at the same time extra time in the dessert will be nice!!! But our main aim is the markets
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 bokus : YAHOO Te^ch SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:540:6830
- 2 Tanzania Accommodation?
- 3 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 4 Safari suggestions
- 5 My Lisbon/Morocco Itinerary-any suggestions?
- 6 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 7 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 8 Capetown Tours Who Is the Best?
- 9 Uganda Gorila Trek - Single Travelers
- 10 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 11 Passport question for International flight
- 12 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 13 Tour operator near me
- 14 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 15 Sim card mainly for data
- 16 Desert Tour or Chefchaouen?
- 17 How are you adapting to the electronics ban?
- 18 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 19 Morocco Itinerary: Too fast?
- 20 If you are looking for a guide in Morocco
- 21 9D8N Morocco Itinerary
- 22 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania
- 23 Storing luggage in Johannesburg
- 24 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 25 Packing for trip to Tanzania
Hello fellow Fodorits