Hello fellow Fodorits
We would like your expert opinion and suggestions on our first trip to Morocco. The group consist of my husband and I as well as my parents (late fifties) We all have travelled the world over but this will be the first trip to Northern Africa. We like adventure and culture but the main aim with our trip is a mother and daughter shopping spree in the markets with some rest next to the coast to catch some of the last sun rays (We are from Ireland and South Africa respectively) We like budget holidays (not like in hostels) so that we can splash out on great food and buy some articles. So here goes
We are flying into Casablanca Airport were we will be renting a car (hopefully from one of the local agencies but website details on them are hard to find - so if anybody can help)
Then driving to Meknes the same day for 2 nights in Ibis Moussafir Meknes - mainly the market and the Roman Ruines
Then onto Fes for 3 nights - I hear the market here is the best!!!! We are planning to stay in Diamant Vert just outside Fes
Then onto Marrakesh - but we are planning to sleep somewhere between Fes and Marrakesh - any recommendations would be wonderful ??dessert sleep/Kasbahs
In Marrakesh we will be staying in Riad Dar Beldia for 2 nights
Then drive on to Essaouira were we are renting Dar Mussarat - a whole riad to ourselves!!! For 4 nights
Then we will drive back to Casablanca with one sleep over in Oualidia - hear the oysters and seafood is great - any recommentation re accommodation are welcome!!!!
So what do you think???? We would love to spend some more time in Essaouira as we would like to rest but at the same time extra time in the dessert will be nice!!! But our main aim is the markets
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 ways away accordingly of its
- 2 Viator tour company
- 3 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 4 First Safari trip-on the right track?
- 5 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 6 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 7 South African Cities
- 8 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 9 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 10 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 11 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 12 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 13 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 14 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 15 where to go in africa
- 16 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 17 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 18 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 19 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 20 Help with bags
- 21 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 22 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??
- 23 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 24 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 25 Israeli Tour Guides
Hello fellow Fodorits