Hello fellow Fodorits
We would like your expert opinion and suggestions on our first trip to Morocco. The group consist of my husband and I as well as my parents (late fifties) We all have travelled the world over but this will be the first trip to Northern Africa. We like adventure and culture but the main aim with our trip is a mother and daughter shopping spree in the markets with some rest next to the coast to catch some of the last sun rays (We are from Ireland and South Africa respectively) We like budget holidays (not like in hostels) so that we can splash out on great food and buy some articles. So here goes
We are flying into Casablanca Airport were we will be renting a car (hopefully from one of the local agencies but website details on them are hard to find - so if anybody can help)
Then driving to Meknes the same day for 2 nights in Ibis Moussafir Meknes - mainly the market and the Roman Ruines
Then onto Fes for 3 nights - I hear the market here is the best!!!! We are planning to stay in Diamant Vert just outside Fes
Then onto Marrakesh - but we are planning to sleep somewhere between Fes and Marrakesh - any recommendations would be wonderful ??dessert sleep/Kasbahs
In Marrakesh we will be staying in Riad Dar Beldia for 2 nights
Then drive on to Essaouira were we are renting Dar Mussarat - a whole riad to ourselves!!! For 4 nights
Then we will drive back to Casablanca with one sleep over in Oualidia - hear the oysters and seafood is great - any recommentation re accommodation are welcome!!!!
So what do you think???? We would love to spend some more time in Essaouira as we would like to rest but at the same time extra time in the dessert will be nice!!! But our main aim is the markets
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Update on sim cards and iphones in Morocco?
- 2 Electric plugs in Morocco
- 3 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 4 safari for the mobility impaired
- 5 Restaurants and other suggestions - Fez, Essaouira
- 6 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 7 Carpet cooperative in Fes or Chefchaouen
- 8 Recommendations for Houseboat in Chobe
- 9 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 10 Must sees in Southern Africa
- 11 Jerusalem and the Holy Land
- 12 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 13 Car Rental Casablanca Aptil
- 14 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 15 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 16 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 17 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 18 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 19 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 20 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 21 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 22 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 23 Buying merchandise
- 24 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 25 Egypt January-February 2018
Hello fellow Fodorits