Trying to plan a safari for late June/early July of next year. It will be our first time in Africa and planning this all seems overwhelming. There are 7 of us going, all adults. Our main goal is game viewing. Our budget is around $5,000 USD a person for the trip (including airfare). We have a few itineraries were considering but were really not sure what countries and what areas would be best for game viewing that time of year. I was told the great migration would be in the Botswana/Tanzania area during this time of year. So does that mean we should not consider the Kenya area? Any recommendations on a travel agency with our budget considered. Any info/help would be appreciated!
Another first time safari goer
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 2 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 3 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 4 Kenya Safari: Ngerende Island Lodge, Mara Bushtops, or Porini Camps?
- 5 Hotels in Nairobi
- 6 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 7 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 8 Green Season Safari Questions
- 9 Novice Safari question
- 10 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 11 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 12 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 13 Quick question about Kenya..
- 14 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 15 Morocco in April 2014
- 16 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 17 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 18 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 19 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 20 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 21 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 22 Uganda Travel Planning
- 23 Israel and Jordan
- 24 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 25 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant