Trying to plan a safari for late June/early July of next year. It will be our first time in Africa and planning this all seems overwhelming. There are 7 of us going, all adults. Our main goal is game viewing. Our budget is around $5,000 USD a person for the trip (including airfare). We have a few itineraries were considering but were really not sure what countries and what areas would be best for game viewing that time of year. I was told the great migration would be in the Botswana/Tanzania area during this time of year. So does that mean we should not consider the Kenya area? Any recommendations on a travel agency with our budget considered. Any info/help would be appreciated!
Another first time safari goer
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Jordan safety concerns
- 2 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 3 Rip-off Warning: Duty Free Shop in Dar es Salaam
- 4 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 5 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 6 Yellow fever vaccination for trip to southern Africa
- 7 Best Economy Hotels In Bahrain
- 8 Just Back: Taming Kilimanjaro and northern Tanzania
- 9 A family safari in Tanzania
- 10 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 11 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 12 Uganda Trip Report
- 13 Epic budget trip in Kenya and Tanzania (safari and more)
- 14 Popular destinations in Africa.
- 15 Central African Republic: Open for Tourists Again
- 16 Morocco Sahara Desert Tour Experience
- 17 LION WORLD TRAVEL
- 18 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 19 Boutique hotels in israel
- 20 Tanzania Self Drive June 2015
- 21 Short layover at JNB
- 22 Angata Ngorongoro v Rhino Ldg/Angata Bolongoja v Tingitana Nrth Serengeti
- 23 Uganda or Rwanda?
- 24 Driving from Casablanca to Marrakesh?
- 25 Soweto guide and pricing to expect?