Trying to plan a safari for late June/early July of next year. It will be our first time in Africa and planning this all seems overwhelming. There are 7 of us going, all adults. Our main goal is game viewing. Our budget is around $5,000 USD a person for the trip (including airfare). We have a few itineraries were considering but were really not sure what countries and what areas would be best for game viewing that time of year. I was told the great migration would be in the Botswana/Tanzania area during this time of year. So does that mean we should not consider the Kenya area? Any recommendations on a travel agency with our budget considered. Any info/help would be appreciated!
Another first time safari goer
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 What camera to use on safari
- 2 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 3 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 4 Questions about Chobe
- 5 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 6 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 7 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 8 To go to Israel or not?
- 9 Bidair at JNB
- 10 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 11 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 12 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 13 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 14 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 15 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 16 Dubai > Oman?
- 17 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 18 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 19 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 20 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 21 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 22 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 23 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 24 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 25 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)