I am at the beginning stages of planning a trip to Kenya with my large extended family to celebrate my 15th wedding anniversary and renew my vows November 17-December 1.
My immediate family and I enjoyed an amazing safari to Kenya and Tanzania 4 years ago. We traveled to the Mara, Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater, Lake Eyasi (which was amazing as we met with very old and remote tribes) and ended in Mombasa. Because of this experience, we want to return to celebrate this milestone.
Our thoughts are to renew our vows at a property in Mombasa, Kenya on Diani Beach. But prior to that, we want to go on safari and this is where I need advice. Specifically, we want to take a short 2-3 day safari in the Mara or Northern Serengeti with our entire family and then after the ceremony, my husband and I want to go to a few more safari locations in Tanzania by ourselves.
Here are my questions:
1. We only have 2-3 days in the Mara before going to Mombasa. We want to see as much resident game and/or the migration if possible. What part of the Mara would you recommend we look at? The dates would be November 19, 20, 21.
2. Can you recommend safari lodges in those areas. We want smaller rather than larger hotel like accomodations with great food and safari outings.
3. After the ceremony, my husband and I will have an additional week to travel back to Tanzania. I would like to go back to the Serengeti and one additional place. I am completly open and want to go where there will be the most game and to see the migration if possible. Where should we go? The dates for safari will be November 26-December 1.
4. Any lodge sugesstions for the Serengeti? We can do permanent or mobile camps and are looking for small, intimate, and special places.
5. In Mombasa, we are looking at Almanara Resort. Has anyone stayed there and are there any other suggestions for Mombasa?
6. Can you recommend a safari tour operator that can help with family coming from multiple locations in the U.S., provide airport transfers, book internal flights, and book the best lodges at a fair price. (I have used CC Africa [now And Beyond] in the past and am looking to pay less per person for this trip and book with someone that easily books other locations than their own.)
Thanks in advance for reading my long post and for giving any feedback possible. I am just getting started now but know that time is of the essence and I have to get moving!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementskingpro.com/zyflex/
- 2 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 3 Marrakech
- 4 Binocular rentals
- 5 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 6 Dead Sea day trip
- 7 Victoria and Albert Cape Town renovation status
- 8 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 9 Advice please: family SA safari August 2018
- 10 Kenya Visa Requirements/Fake Visa Site
- 11 Wayo Africa (Tanzania) Green Camps
- 12 FODOR'S GUIDE TO CLOTHING FOR SAFARI
- 13 Non Marlaia Africa or Brazil?
- 14 Itinerary Ideas
- 15 South Africa - Guidebook recommendation and other ??
- 16 Travel to Botswana
- 17 Iran travel itinerary -18 days April 2017
- 18 Loldia House Kenya
- 19 Kenya - Plastic Bags
- 20 gamer reserve, lodge, safari camp recommendations
- 21 South Africa visit: Cape Town and Kruger Park
- 22 several short safaris vs one longer one
- 23 How many Days for the Okavango Delta
- 24 Recommendations for busy coastal resorts in the Canaries
- 25 Restaurant in Cape Town