I have compared several itineraries from local safari operators in Tanzania and have it narrowed down (finally!) to two. The prices essentially the same ($60 in difference) but accommodations differ.
The main differences are:
• Ang’ata Ngorongoro vs Rhino Lodge– is the location of Rhino Lodge better? Ang’ata Ngorongoro looks much nicer.
• Ang’ata Bolongoja Tented Camp vs Tingitana North Serengeti camp - Is the location of Tingitana North Serengeti camp better? Ang’ata Bolongoja Tented Camp looks much nicer.
• Olasati Lodge vs African Tulip – Preference is African Tulip but think either are fine (if bring earplugs for Olasati!)
Our main priority is game viewing and we do want to be in good locations. However, it would be nice to experience the nice camps and traditional safari relaxing part of the trip in as nice a way as possible. So, if location is similar and price the same, I would rather go for the nicer camp/lodge!!
Any comments or recommendations on choosing one over the other much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 2 Morocco Expert Tours
- 3 Cradle of Humankind
- 4 Johannesburg...?
- 5 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 6 Luxury train ride
- 7 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 8 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 9 1.5 hours layover Dubai-enough time?
- 10 Morocco Working Itinerary
- 11 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 12 Petra from Israel
- 13 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 14 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 15 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 16 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 17 israel tour
- 18 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 19 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 20 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 21 Safety in Fes
- 22 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 23 Sim card mainly for data
- 24 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 25 Morocco: no such thing as fixed price in Medina
Angata Ngorongoro v Rhino Ldg/Angata Bolongoja v Tingitana Nrth Serengeti