I have compared several itineraries from local safari operators in Tanzania and have it narrowed down (finally!) to two. The prices essentially the same ($60 in difference) but accommodations differ.
The main differences are:
• Ang’ata Ngorongoro vs Rhino Lodge– is the location of Rhino Lodge better? Ang’ata Ngorongoro looks much nicer.
• Ang’ata Bolongoja Tented Camp vs Tingitana North Serengeti camp - Is the location of Tingitana North Serengeti camp better? Ang’ata Bolongoja Tented Camp looks much nicer.
• Olasati Lodge vs African Tulip – Preference is African Tulip but think either are fine (if bring earplugs for Olasati!)
Our main priority is game viewing and we do want to be in good locations. However, it would be nice to experience the nice camps and traditional safari relaxing part of the trip in as nice a way as possible. So, if location is similar and price the same, I would rather go for the nicer camp/lodge!!
Any comments or recommendations on choosing one over the other much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 2 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 3 Advice for 1st tip to Kenya
- 4 honeymoon place
- 5 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 6 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 7 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 8 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 9 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 10 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 11 Yom Hazikaron
- 12 Yom Haatzmaut
- 13 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 14 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 15 recomendation on African Safari company
- 16 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 17 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 18 One extra day in Jordan
- 19 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 20 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
- 21 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 22 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 23 Israel in Late October or November?
- 24 One month in Africa
- 25 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
Angata Ngorongoro v Rhino Ldg/Angata Bolongoja v Tingitana Nrth Serengeti