I have compared several itineraries from local safari operators in Tanzania and have it narrowed down (finally!) to two. The prices essentially the same ($60 in difference) but accommodations differ.
The main differences are:
• Ang’ata Ngorongoro vs Rhino Lodge– is the location of Rhino Lodge better? Ang’ata Ngorongoro looks much nicer.
• Ang’ata Bolongoja Tented Camp vs Tingitana North Serengeti camp - Is the location of Tingitana North Serengeti camp better? Ang’ata Bolongoja Tented Camp looks much nicer.
• Olasati Lodge vs African Tulip – Preference is African Tulip but think either are fine (if bring earplugs for Olasati!)
Our main priority is game viewing and we do want to be in good locations. However, it would be nice to experience the nice camps and traditional safari relaxing part of the trip in as nice a way as possible. So, if location is similar and price the same, I would rather go for the nicer camp/lodge!!
Any comments or recommendations on choosing one over the other much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 2 Mombasa recomendations please
- 3 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 4 Private tours in Morocco
- 5 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 6 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 7 First time to Africa-need help!
- 8 How do I know if a company is legit
- 9 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 10 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 11 South Africa trip report
- 12 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 13 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 14 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 15 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 16 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 17 Ethiopian security
- 18 Duffel Bag Suggestions?
- 19 Eyes on Africa Safari Recommendations???
- 20 morocco
- 21 Morocco 10 days - plz review
- 22 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 23 Is an Iranian visa a problem when entering Israel?
- 24 Casablanca or Rabat for two night stay
- 25 A very belated TR - South of Namibia with Kgalagadi
Angata Ngorongoro v Rhino Ldg/Angata Bolongoja v Tingitana Nrth Serengeti