I have compared several itineraries from local safari operators in Tanzania and have it narrowed down (finally!) to two. The prices essentially the same ($60 in difference) but accommodations differ.
The main differences are:
• Ang’ata Ngorongoro vs Rhino Lodge– is the location of Rhino Lodge better? Ang’ata Ngorongoro looks much nicer.
• Ang’ata Bolongoja Tented Camp vs Tingitana North Serengeti camp - Is the location of Tingitana North Serengeti camp better? Ang’ata Bolongoja Tented Camp looks much nicer.
• Olasati Lodge vs African Tulip – Preference is African Tulip but think either are fine (if bring earplugs for Olasati!)
Our main priority is game viewing and we do want to be in good locations. However, it would be nice to experience the nice camps and traditional safari relaxing part of the trip in as nice a way as possible. So, if location is similar and price the same, I would rather go for the nicer camp/lodge!!
Any comments or recommendations on choosing one over the other much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 T@LL : Get the App CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 kaspersky Tec*h SUPP0RT*CAre
- 2 Safari Goers, I Need Your Expertise!
- 3 Where do I even start planning my SA safari?
- 4 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 5 Itinerary Ideas
- 6 Tanzania Itinerary help
- 7 planning first safari to Tanzania ... feeling overwhelmed
- 8 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions
- 9 Help with Israel Trip (First Timers): Some Basic Questions
- 10 Tel Aviv-Haifa: gifts and presents. Any ideas?
- 11 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 12 Narrowing down my 10 day itinerary
- 13 Kenya/Tanzania
- 14 Dubai first time
- 15 2 nights in Dubai
- 16 16 hours in Qatar
- 17 Petra from Israel
- 18 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 19 A South African in Lusaka
- 20 Packing for trip to Tanzania
- 21 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 22 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 23 RETURN TO BOTSWANA, PLUS JOHANNESBURG, 2017
- 24 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 25 Safari suggestions
Angata Ngorongoro v Rhino Ldg/Angata Bolongoja v Tingitana Nrth Serengeti