I have compared several itineraries from local safari operators in Tanzania and have it narrowed down (finally!) to two. The prices essentially the same ($60 in difference) but accommodations differ.
The main differences are:
• Ang’ata Ngorongoro vs Rhino Lodge– is the location of Rhino Lodge better? Ang’ata Ngorongoro looks much nicer.
• Ang’ata Bolongoja Tented Camp vs Tingitana North Serengeti camp - Is the location of Tingitana North Serengeti camp better? Ang’ata Bolongoja Tented Camp looks much nicer.
• Olasati Lodge vs African Tulip – Preference is African Tulip but think either are fine (if bring earplugs for Olasati!)
Our main priority is game viewing and we do want to be in good locations. However, it would be nice to experience the nice camps and traditional safari relaxing part of the trip in as nice a way as possible. So, if location is similar and price the same, I would rather go for the nicer camp/lodge!!
Any comments or recommendations on choosing one over the other much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Audley Travel
- 2 Can "European" plugs be used in South Africa?
- 3 what kind of plug adapters to use in south africa
- 4 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 5 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 6 Moroccan Camel Safari
- 7 Accommodation in Cape Town
- 8 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 9 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 10 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 11 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 12 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 13 Safari in South Africa
- 14 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
- 15 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 16 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 17 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 18 Sabi Sands Savanna Private Reserve vs Timbavati Motswari Game Lodge
- 19 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 20 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 21 Straight through to Kenya or layover?
- 22 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 23 Advise on Hotel stay and attractions visit in Casablanca
- 24 Experience of using Namibia Tracks and Trails
- 25 Transfer time at JNB Intl. airport
Angata Ngorongoro v Rhino Ldg/Angata Bolongoja v Tingitana Nrth Serengeti