This was described as the southern most outpost of the Roman Empire. It sits in a valley of great peace and beauty. Had a very thorough tour guide steer us through remarkably intact tile and mosaic art. The main road was designed to be wide enough to race chariots. The homes were thousands of square feet. We saw aqueducts and the method to run water to individual homes. an easy drive from Meknes.
Amazingly modern ruins Volubilis
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 MOROCCO SOLO
- 2 Morocco for 2 nights
- 3 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 4 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 5 Looking for out of the way places
- 6 Morocco on the road: trip report
- 7 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 8 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 9 Tanzania Safari
- 10 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 11 Sabi Sands camps
- 12 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 13 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 14 trip report, morocco
- 15 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 16 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 17 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 18 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 19 East Africa summer 2014
- 20 Cape Town Safety?
- 21 first time family safari in August 2014
- 22 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 23 Memory cards for camera
- 24 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 25 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation