I am planning to trip to visit Zambia in July 07. I am postpone this trip of bring it forward by a month, but on doing some research, I felt July was a good balance of reasonable game viewing + decent weather (I hate hot weather).
We wish to visit Vic falls and want to do a reasonable amount of walking/night drives as well, while trying to get good value accommodation. With this background, we have the recommended the following -
Tafika (S Luangwa) - 3 nights
Chikoko Trails (S Luangwa) - 2 nights
Crocodile Camp (S Luangwa) - 1 night
Kaingo (S Luangwa) - 2 nights
Mwanba or Kuyenda (S Luangwa) - 2 nights
Zambezi Sun (Livingstone) - 2 nights
Are we spending too much time in S Luangwa? I was advised (by the trip organizer) that the cost of internal transfers, sometimes isnt worth the value received from the trip, and this advised to stay with S LUangwa.
I would appreciate if anyone has an opinion and advice on this.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Durban - where to stay for one night
- 2 Where to stay in Masai Mara and best side trip?
- 3 Single traveler
- 4 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 5 Where to stay in the Masai Mara?
- 6 Bus / minibus J'burg - Lesotho
- 7 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 8 6 nights in Masai Mara or Masai Mara and Lake Nakuru?
- 9 Morocco Highlights
- 10 Uganda Trip Report
- 11 Money in Uganda
- 12 Active Family's First Trip to Africa - South Africa or Botswana
- 13 VISA for Mozambique
- 14 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 15 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 16 Cape Verdean Esqudos
- 17 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 18 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 19 Best African Safari
- 20 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 21 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 22 beach visit after safari
- 23 Petra Wadi Rum
- 24 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 25 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)