We are two Asian girls looking to spend 6 weeks in parts of East and Southern Africa, from mid July to end Aug 2016. We will be flying into Nairobi and out of Cape Town.
We are hoping to do the following:
- safari in Tanzania
- climb Mt. Kilimanjaro
- relax in Zanzibar and do some snorkelling/diving perhaps
- do another safari in Zambia, probably South Luangwa
- see Victoria falls and go white water rafting
- finally, to South Africa. Details of this part of the itinerary have not yet been planned.
We have obtained quotes for the Tanzanian safari and Kilimanjaro climb. Our questions are:
- the Tanzanian safari itinerary is 4D3N and covers Tarangire, Serengeti and Ngorongoro. Is that sufficient? Given that we plan to do another safari in Zambia. Or should we drop one safari and focus in just one area?
- any recommended tour operators for Zambia and Tanzania?
- Any advice on how much money and time to Budget for each of the items?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 2 South Africa Kgalagadi & Kruger back-to-back in 2016
- 3 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 4 Alexandria
- 5 Dubai in 36 hours
- 6 good internet connection option Meknes
- 7 A very belated TR - South of Namibia with Kgalagadi
- 8 South Africa trip report
- 9 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 10 Can gay people travel safely in Morocco?
- 11 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 12 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 13 Mombasa recomendations please
- 14 Private tours in Morocco
- 15 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 16 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 17 First time to Africa-need help!
- 18 How do I know if a company is legit
- 19 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 20 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 21 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 22 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 23 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 24 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 25 Ethiopian security