We are two Asian girls looking to spend 6 weeks in parts of East and Southern Africa, from mid July to end Aug 2016. We will be flying into Nairobi and out of Cape Town.
We are hoping to do the following:
- safari in Tanzania
- climb Mt. Kilimanjaro
- relax in Zanzibar and do some snorkelling/diving perhaps
- do another safari in Zambia, probably South Luangwa
- see Victoria falls and go white water rafting
- finally, to South Africa. Details of this part of the itinerary have not yet been planned.
We have obtained quotes for the Tanzanian safari and Kilimanjaro climb. Our questions are:
- the Tanzanian safari itinerary is 4D3N and covers Tarangire, Serengeti and Ngorongoro. Is that sufficient? Given that we plan to do another safari in Zambia. Or should we drop one safari and focus in just one area?
- any recommended tour operators for Zambia and Tanzania?
- Any advice on how much money and time to Budget for each of the items?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 BUY PASSPORTS,DRIVERS LICENSES,ID CARDS,BIRTH CERTIFICATES, GREEN CARD
- 2 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 3 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 4 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 5 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 6 5 Interesting Nigerian Marriage Traditions
- 7 4 Nigerian Foods with Foreign Origins
- 8 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 9 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 10 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 11 4 Interesting African Traditional Wedding Customs
- 12 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 13 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 14 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 15 Dubai Guide
- 16 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 17 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 18 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 19 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 20 Loldia House Kenya
- 21 rekero and encounter mara vehicles
- 22 Alexandria
- 23 kicheche compared to porini
- 24 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 25 Planning Tanzania trip-how many months?