My girlfriend and I will be driving from Addo (after 1 night there) to Cape Town in Feb, leaving the 20th, arriving the 26th. I was hoping I could get some itinerary advice from someone here. We have a few points of interest in between, but are having a tough time planning the actual driving route/order, and figuring travel times. Here's our rough sketch so far:
leave Addo mid-morning/mid-day. follow R75 to Graaff-Reinet.
walk around town, spend the night
walk for a couple hours in valley of desolation and karoo nature reserve
leave mid-day, take best route to ksnysna or somewhere in/near tsitsikamma (N9, then R339/R340 to N2?)
drive to nature's valley, hike around?
take round trip steam train between knysna and george
more morning hiking/driving around tsitsikamma?
visit swartberg pass
overnight at oudtshoorn or prince albert
follow R62 then N1 to Cape Town.
That leaves an extra day (perhaps to overnight in Montagu, or just to spend in Cape Town (already have 3 nights there). Does anyone have suggestions for where best to spend it, or if I've even scheduled enough time for the route and activities described? Any suggestions for additional or alternate stops? Am I missing any great opportunities, or wasting time on less than exciting pursuits? Also, accommodations and dining suggestions are very welcome. Thanks in advance for any advice,
Addo/Port Elizabeth to Cape Town itinerary
- 1 a week in africa
- 2 10 days in south Africa
- 3 Renting a car in Israel
- 4 Been there done that? Doesn't apply
- 5 Trip report Namibia 2012 - Chilly desert and hot quiver trees
- 6 1st Time African Safari - Help!
- 7 What about money?
- 8 Looking for a Petra day tour from Aqaba and driving to Aqaba?
- 9 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 10 17 days in Israel our way
- 11 CapeTown and around......seeking restaurant advice
- 12 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 13 Who delivers the best one day tours?
- 14 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 15 South African tourist visa - applying again after rejection last time
- 16 Trip report Namibia 2011 - A dream in red and green
- 17 Accra airport
- 18 Yemen - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- 19 morocco
- 20 Israel: excellent tour guide Gideon Abramowitz
- 21 Beyt Al Chai and places to stay in Zanzibar
- 22 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 23 Trip extension from Cape town
- 24 Volunteer Work In Africa
- 25 how to join a Kenya safari once in country