Sorry I have so many questions
Wondered if anyone could share why exactly Abu Simbel is considered by many as one of THE best, not-to-be-missed sites of Egypt? I came across lots of raves about it, but they did not exactly say why. Does Abu Simbel offers something different compared to the Luxor sites? What can one see in the monument? Paintings? Tombs? We would be visiting some of the must-see's in Luxor including Karnak, VoQ, VoK, Medinat Habu and the likes, as well as an excursion to Abydos & Dendera. Would adding Abu Simbel into the equations means we would be templed-out by then?
Just a curiousity does anyone of you do feel templed out after visiting these sites?
Would be grateful for any thoughts or recommendations. Thanks again!
Abu Simbel - A Must?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 2 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR
- 3 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 4 Kenya safari tour/cost
- 5 Durban / Hluhluwe / Ponta Mamoli (Mozambique) / Mkuze Falls Itinerary
- 6 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 7 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 8 Cape Town Trip
- 9 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 10 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions
- 11 New exit tax when departing Tunisia
- 12 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 13 Eight days in Israel--What did I miss?
- 14 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 15 What a wonderful holiday in Kenya!!
- 16 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 17 Eilat to Petra
- 18 Long layover at Hamad Airport, Doha
- 19 Private driver for one day from Agadir?
- 20 Safaga activités
- 21 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 22 12 hours layover in Cairo
- 23 Jordan vacation
- 24 Has anyone used this safari company in Uganda?
- 25 Tipping for a hot air balloon safari?