Sorry I have so many questions
Wondered if anyone could share why exactly Abu Simbel is considered by many as one of THE best, not-to-be-missed sites of Egypt? I came across lots of raves about it, but they did not exactly say why. Does Abu Simbel offers something different compared to the Luxor sites? What can one see in the monument? Paintings? Tombs? We would be visiting some of the must-see's in Luxor including Karnak, VoQ, VoK, Medinat Habu and the likes, as well as an excursion to Abydos & Dendera. Would adding Abu Simbel into the equations means we would be templed-out by then?
Just a curiousity does anyone of you do feel templed out after visiting these sites?
Would be grateful for any thoughts or recommendations. Thanks again!
Abu Simbel - A Must?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 2 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 3 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants
- 4 Two Weeks in Capetown, want to add a safari
- 5 Kruger
- 6 Morocco to Tel Aviv --flights
- 7 Pulse Africa???
- 8 Anybody used Classic Africa to plan a safari?
- 9 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 10 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 11 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 12 Safari buddies - late August
- 13 Just Back: Taming Kilimanjaro and northern Tanzania
- 14 Americans in Iran - an amazing 1-month trip
- 15 Dennis's Trip Report: Caprivi Strip, Vic Falls and Hwange Park, Zimbabwe
- 16 Best African safari destination – in addition to Masai Mara Conservancy?
- 17 Morocco Trip Report
- 18 FRS Ferry between Tarifa and Tangier
- 19 Seychelles, Mauritius and South Africa Trip Report
- 20 Migration into the Mara early this year
- 21 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 22 Wild Dog Pups and Brown Hyenas: A Volunteer Adventure in South Africa
- 23 Wondering about airfare for 2016 Kenya safari
- 24 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 25 Tanzania camping safari itinerary