Sorry I have so many questions
Wondered if anyone could share why exactly Abu Simbel is considered by many as one of THE best, not-to-be-missed sites of Egypt? I came across lots of raves about it, but they did not exactly say why. Does Abu Simbel offers something different compared to the Luxor sites? What can one see in the monument? Paintings? Tombs? We would be visiting some of the must-see's in Luxor including Karnak, VoQ, VoK, Medinat Habu and the likes, as well as an excursion to Abydos & Dendera. Would adding Abu Simbel into the equations means we would be templed-out by then?
Just a curiousity does anyone of you do feel templed out after visiting these sites?
Would be grateful for any thoughts or recommendations. Thanks again!
Abu Simbel - A Must?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Car Rentals in Israel
- 2 South Africa in February?
- 3 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 4 Morocco to portugal
- 5 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 6 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 7 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 8 Independence Day in Israel
- 9 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 10 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 11 Drinking on safari
- 12 Fodor's 100 Hotel Award Winners
- 13 Travelust
- 14 Okavango Delta - how to see it without breaking the bank?
- 15 Shots for Morocco
- 16 South Africa - travel from Bloemfontein via Karoo to Stellenbosch
- 17 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 18 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 19 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 20 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 21 Thinking about The Gambia
- 22 Private Guide in Israel - Cost question
- 23 correct date of last post: free ebook available Sunday Dec 11
- 24 Dubai Sand Dune dinner
- 25 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR