Sorry I have so many questions
Wondered if anyone could share why exactly Abu Simbel is considered by many as one of THE best, not-to-be-missed sites of Egypt? I came across lots of raves about it, but they did not exactly say why. Does Abu Simbel offers something different compared to the Luxor sites? What can one see in the monument? Paintings? Tombs? We would be visiting some of the must-see's in Luxor including Karnak, VoQ, VoK, Medinat Habu and the likes, as well as an excursion to Abydos & Dendera. Would adding Abu Simbel into the equations means we would be templed-out by then?
Just a curiousity does anyone of you do feel templed out after visiting these sites?
Would be grateful for any thoughts or recommendations. Thanks again!
Abu Simbel - A Must?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 2 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 3 Garden Route PE to Cape Town
- 4 Safari on a budget!
- 5 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 6 Tips for Israel
- 7 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 8 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 9 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 10 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 11 Road To Morocco Tours
- 12 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 13 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 14 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV
- 15 Ideas for solo (female) relaxing trip next month
- 16 Best time to visit Zanzibar?
- 17 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 18 Rwanda
- 19 Egypt safe travel
- 20 Any suggestions or feedback for our honeymoon?
- 21 Zambia Impressions
- 22 One night camping in the desert in Morocco?
- 23 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 24 Dubai trip
- 25 3 adults in Dubai need a good hotel to share with privacy!