Sorry I have so many questions
Wondered if anyone could share why exactly Abu Simbel is considered by many as one of THE best, not-to-be-missed sites of Egypt? I came across lots of raves about it, but they did not exactly say why. Does Abu Simbel offers something different compared to the Luxor sites? What can one see in the monument? Paintings? Tombs? We would be visiting some of the must-see's in Luxor including Karnak, VoQ, VoK, Medinat Habu and the likes, as well as an excursion to Abydos & Dendera. Would adding Abu Simbel into the equations means we would be templed-out by then?
Just a curiousity does anyone of you do feel templed out after visiting these sites?
Would be grateful for any thoughts or recommendations. Thanks again!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 2 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 3 WiFi on Safari
- 4 South Africa- Capetown/Safari Planning Help Please
- 5 Travel within Africa
- 6 Tanzania and Kenya tour company?
- 7 Cape Town - things to do IN THE CITY and where to stay?
- 8 In South Africa, What do Hotels Mean by "Tea and Coffee-making Facilities"?
- 9 Israel itinerary planning
- 10 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 11 Capetown 3-day itinerary?
- 12 My experience of 8 day tour in Morocco
- 13 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 14 My Tour in Morocco by 4x4
- 15 Kenya: No longer able to get visa on arrival at airport?
- 16 Seal snorkeling - Capetown
- 17 Capetown, Garden Route & Safari
- 18 Luggage Storage Question at O.R. Tambo Int'l Airport
- 19 Hotel at Victoria Falls - suggestions welcome
- 20 Need itineary planning help
- 21 Trip Report April/May 2051 Tanzania Safari
- 22 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 23 What to do with 2 1/2 days in Arusha, TZ
- 24 Passport issues Lebanon/Israel
- 25 My 2-Week Love and Hate Relationship with Morocco