Sorry I have so many questions
Wondered if anyone could share why exactly Abu Simbel is considered by many as one of THE best, not-to-be-missed sites of Egypt? I came across lots of raves about it, but they did not exactly say why. Does Abu Simbel offers something different compared to the Luxor sites? What can one see in the monument? Paintings? Tombs? We would be visiting some of the must-see's in Luxor including Karnak, VoQ, VoK, Medinat Habu and the likes, as well as an excursion to Abydos & Dendera. Would adding Abu Simbel into the equations means we would be templed-out by then?
Just a curiousity does anyone of you do feel templed out after visiting these sites?
Would be grateful for any thoughts or recommendations. Thanks again!
Abu Simbel - A Must?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 SATURDAYS IN JERUSALEM
- 2 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 3 trip report, morocco
- 4 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 5 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 6 Help needed with itinerary for 2 weeks in Morocco
- 7 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 8 Kirawira vs. Serengeti Serena
- 9 Anyone had to disembark the aircraft in Dakar enroute to Jo'burg?
- 10 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 11 Morocco for 2 nights
- 12 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 13 MOROCCO SOLO
- 14 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 15 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 16 Looking for out of the way places
- 17 Morocco on the road: trip report
- 18 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 19 Tanzania Safari
- 20 Sabi Sands camps
- 21 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 22 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 23 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 24 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 25 East Africa summer 2014