Sorry I have so many questions
Wondered if anyone could share why exactly Abu Simbel is considered by many as one of THE best, not-to-be-missed sites of Egypt? I came across lots of raves about it, but they did not exactly say why. Does Abu Simbel offers something different compared to the Luxor sites? What can one see in the monument? Paintings? Tombs? We would be visiting some of the must-see's in Luxor including Karnak, VoQ, VoK, Medinat Habu and the likes, as well as an excursion to Abydos & Dendera. Would adding Abu Simbel into the equations means we would be templed-out by then?
Just a curiousity does anyone of you do feel templed out after visiting these sites?
Would be grateful for any thoughts or recommendations. Thanks again!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Is it Possible to Buy Advance Tickets to the Hassan 2 Mosque?
- 2 First Attempt South Africa Itinerary - Advice Please
- 3 Feedback on Victoria Falls visit please
- 4 Which Would you Recommend as an Outdoor Day trip from Marrakech?-Imlil or Cascades d'Ouzod
- 5 Tiberias with kids
- 6 Lion World
- 7 Advice, please: Addo Elephant Park to Cape Town AIrport on Garden Route
- 8 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 9 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 10 Israel in April - itinerary help
- 11 Kgalagadi Transfrontier NP
- 12 Mpumalanga visit
- 13 safe areas to go on safari
- 14 Rabat opinion and prices in Rabat + video
- 15 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 16 Okavango and Kalahari in December
- 17 Victoria Falls
- 18 WOMEN DRIVING IN SA
- 19 8 nights in Dubai...need advice regarding Dubai/Petra combo.
- 20 2015: South Africa for a fortnight
- 21 Now is a GREAT time to visit Egypt! (Trip Report)
- 22 TRIP REPORT – 5 fantastic weeks in South Africa, Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) and Mauritius
- 23 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 24 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 25 Migration in Tanzania/Kenya - September