Sorry I have so many questions
Wondered if anyone could share why exactly Abu Simbel is considered by many as one of THE best, not-to-be-missed sites of Egypt? I came across lots of raves about it, but they did not exactly say why. Does Abu Simbel offers something different compared to the Luxor sites? What can one see in the monument? Paintings? Tombs? We would be visiting some of the must-see's in Luxor including Karnak, VoQ, VoK, Medinat Habu and the likes, as well as an excursion to Abydos & Dendera. Would adding Abu Simbel into the equations means we would be templed-out by then?
Just a curiousity does anyone of you do feel templed out after visiting these sites?
Would be grateful for any thoughts or recommendations. Thanks again!
Abu Simbel - A Must?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 2 Uganda Trip Report
- 3 Epic budget trip in Kenya and Tanzania (safari and more)
- 4 Popular destinations in Africa.
- 5 Central African Republic: Open for Tourists Again
- 6 Morocco Sahara Desert Tour Experience
- 7 LION WORLD TRAVEL
- 8 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 9 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 10 Boutique hotels in israel
- 11 Tanzania Self Drive June 2015
- 12 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 13 Rip-off Warning: Duty Free Shop in Dar es Salaam
- 14 Short layover at JNB
- 15 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 16 Angata Ngorongoro v Rhino Ldg/Angata Bolongoja v Tingitana Nrth Serengeti
- 17 A family safari in Tanzania
- 18 Uganda or Rwanda?
- 19 Just Back: Taming Kilimanjaro and northern Tanzania
- 20 Driving from Casablanca to Marrakesh?
- 21 Soweto guide and pricing to expect?
- 22 8 nights in Dubai...need advice regarding Dubai/Petra combo.
- 23 Safari in Tanzania with Zinga African Safaris
- 24 Any Experience with Africa Tours?
- 25 Tanzania Safari Itinerary Help Please?!!...Or Book When I Get There?