Sorry I have so many questions
Wondered if anyone could share why exactly Abu Simbel is considered by many as one of THE best, not-to-be-missed sites of Egypt? I came across lots of raves about it, but they did not exactly say why. Does Abu Simbel offers something different compared to the Luxor sites? What can one see in the monument? Paintings? Tombs? We would be visiting some of the must-see's in Luxor including Karnak, VoQ, VoK, Medinat Habu and the likes, as well as an excursion to Abydos & Dendera. Would adding Abu Simbel into the equations means we would be templed-out by then?
Just a curiousity does anyone of you do feel templed out after visiting these sites?
Would be grateful for any thoughts or recommendations. Thanks again!
Abu Simbel - A Must?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 2 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 3 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 4 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 5 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 6 South Africa trip advices
- 7 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 8 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 9 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 10 First time in Africa on safari
- 11 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 12 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 13 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 14 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 15 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 16 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 17 Namibia - Camping Tour
- 18 Dubai Airport: is it safe for a woman traveling alone?
- 19 Two weeks in Qatar, how much money to budget?
- 20 Transport Available from Harare to Victoria Falls - 17 Aug 2014
- 21 Tanzania Safari - The Good, The Bad, The Unexpected and The Amazing!!
- 22 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 23 Binoculars for safari
- 24 South Luangwa Wild Dogs......article in NYTimes
- 25 Tipping