Hi, I'm leaving for Abomey Benin in less than 2 weeks. Will be volunteering in an orphanage there with a volunteer-tourism program. Anyway, does anyone have any female clothes advice re: the weather and customs? I'm seen that knees are not good to show so no shorts unless they are long. Looks like the heat won't be awful but lots of humidity. I thought about just t-shirts and their women's pagne (long cloth as a skirt) and sandals. Any other ideas or packing advice?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 2 To go to Israel or not?
- 3 Bidair at JNB
- 4 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 5 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 6 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 7 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 8 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 9 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 10 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 11 Questions about Chobe
- 12 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 13 Dubai > Oman?
- 14 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 15 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 16 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 17 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 18 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 19 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 20 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 21 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 22 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 23 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 24 Awesome trip and still not done
- 25 South Africa