Just a quick recap for anyone who is interested.
We spent 2 nights in Lusaka, which isn't much, I wanted to do a road trip to Livingstone, but had no time. Anyway, Lusaka it is.
In summary, I felt very safe. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful.
1. Food and accommodation was well-priced, about the same price as things in South Africa.
2. South Africans get a visa on arrival.
3. We stayed at the Protea Hotel on Cairo Road and had zero issues. Good service. WiFi was strong.
4. We went to the Munda Wanga Enviro Park and really enjoyed it.
5. Halal/vegetarian food was easily accessible. Not sure about strict vegetarians/vegans.
6. Rented a car with Europcar. Was a good car, had no issues.
7. Traffic is crazy.
8. Used Malanil tablets, no real side effects, bit of nausea. They were the most expensive ones available. Had to start a day before and continue for a week after.
For a more colourful description, feel free to read my review herehttps://alikerofthings.wordpress.com/2017/06/20/trip-to-lusaka-zambia/)
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 California,+91-7737587771-Husband Wife love Problem Solution~AUstralia
- 2 Marrakech
- 3 Binocular rentals
- 4 Dead Sea day trip
- 5 Victoria and Albert Cape Town renovation status
- 6 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 7 Advice please: family SA safari August 2018
- 8 Kenya Visa Requirements/Fake Visa Site
- 9 Wayo Africa (Tanzania) Green Camps
- 10 FODOR'S GUIDE TO CLOTHING FOR SAFARI
- 11 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 12 Non Marlaia Africa or Brazil?
- 13 Itinerary Ideas
- 14 South Africa - Guidebook recommendation and other ??
- 15 Travel to Botswana
- 16 Iran travel itinerary -18 days April 2017
- 17 Loldia House Kenya
- 18 Kenya - Plastic Bags
- 19 gamer reserve, lodge, safari camp recommendations
- 20 South Africa visit: Cape Town and Kruger Park
- 21 several short safaris vs one longer one
- 22 How many Days for the Okavango Delta
- 23 Recommendations for busy coastal resorts in the Canaries
- 24 Restaurant in Cape Town
- 25 7 Days Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.