We took a drive through the Atlas mountains this summer during the corn harvest. Our trip took us on narrow, winding pistes through the mountains, down through the Dades Gorge to Ouarzazate and Ait Benhaddou. On we went to Zagora before turning north-west to Taliouine, then up steep mountain passes and down to Marrakesh. Finally, we drove up the coast to Cap Spartel and visited the Caves of Hercules before crossing back over to Spain.
There is a full account with lots of photos on our website:
M & M
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Giraffe in Kruger national park
- 2 First time safari question
- 3 To drive or not to drive - need itinerary advice
- 4 help with itinerary please
- 5 A First Journey to Southern Africa: Cape, Falls, and Animal Safaris
- 6 Help choosing Safari in Botswana
- 7 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 8 Never use Travelust Safaris!
- 9 Lion Sands River Lodge or Narina Lodge
- 10 Swala Safaris
- 11 Safety at Sharm el sheikh and St Catherine's
- 12 Dubai
- 13 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 14 Driving from Jo-burg to Hazyview
- 15 Back in Iran again-just 11 days, help!
- 16 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 17 Help with last minute planning VFalls/Kruger/CapeTown
- 18 Etosha help
- 19 &Beyond vs. Wilderness Groups
- 20 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 21 private game reserve-kruger
- 22 Abu Dhabi and the Rest?
- 23 Dubai for 36 hours hotel recommendation
- 24 go2africa
- 25 Fabulous Feb. 2016 Rwanda, Tanzania and Kenya Trip
A short self-drive camping tour of Morocco