We took a drive through the Atlas mountains this summer during the corn harvest. Our trip took us on narrow, winding pistes through the mountains, down through the Dades Gorge to Ouarzazate and Ait Benhaddou. On we went to Zagora before turning north-west to Taliouine, then up steep mountain passes and down to Marrakesh. Finally, we drove up the coast to Cap Spartel and visited the Caves of Hercules before crossing back over to Spain.
There is a full account with lots of photos on our website:
M & M
A short self-drive camping tour of Morocco
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help-South Africa
- 2 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 3 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 4 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 5 looking for nice boutique hotel in tel aviv
- 6 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 7 Garden Route PE to Cape Town
- 8 Safari on a budget!
- 9 Tips for Israel
- 10 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 11 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 12 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 13 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 14 Road To Morocco Tours
- 15 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 16 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 17 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV
- 18 Ideas for solo (female) relaxing trip next month
- 19 Best time to visit Zanzibar?
- 20 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 21 Rwanda
- 22 Egypt safe travel
- 23 Any suggestions or feedback for our honeymoon?
- 24 Zambia Impressions
- 25 One night camping in the desert in Morocco?