We took a drive through the Atlas mountains this summer during the corn harvest. Our trip took us on narrow, winding pistes through the mountains, down through the Dades Gorge to Ouarzazate and Ait Benhaddou. On we went to Zagora before turning north-west to Taliouine, then up steep mountain passes and down to Marrakesh. Finally, we drove up the coast to Cap Spartel and visited the Caves of Hercules before crossing back over to Spain.
There is a full account with lots of photos on our website:
M & M
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 2 Insurance Coverage while in Egypt
- 3 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants
- 4 Burj Khalifa, pre-book or not?
- 5 Hotel suggestions in Cape Town
- 6 Tangier (Tanger) Ville railway station
- 7 Road To Morocco Tours
- 8 Magnificant Morocco
- 9 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 10 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 11 Africa Film Festival
- 12 Is the migration early this year
- 13 Roar Africa reviews
- 14 Moving Around Safari Lodges in Sabi Sands
- 15 Trip to Rwanda and Congo (Brazzaville)
- 16 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 17 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 18 Custom Morocco guide recommendations requested
- 19 Need help with Israel Itinerary
- 20 Tanzania & Zanzibar Itinerary
- 21 Anyone stayed at Mosetlha Camp in Madikwe?
- 22 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 23 Pulse Africa???
- 24 Please help! Sabi Sands or Hluhluwe-imfolozi
- 25 Safari luggage
A short self-drive camping tour of Morocco