We took a drive through the Atlas mountains this summer during the corn harvest. Our trip took us on narrow, winding pistes through the mountains, down through the Dades Gorge to Ouarzazate and Ait Benhaddou. On we went to Zagora before turning north-west to Taliouine, then up steep mountain passes and down to Marrakesh. Finally, we drove up the coast to Cap Spartel and visited the Caves of Hercules before crossing back over to Spain.
There is a full account with lots of photos on our website:
M & M
A short self-drive camping tour of Morocco
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Help with itinerary
- 2 how can I go to Iran ?
- 3 Chimps, Gorillas and Camels- a Tale of Three Countries
- 4 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 5 Either Masai Mara or Serengeti in May 2015. Can I enjoy due to rains.
- 6 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 7 What to bring as gift from U.S. for Moroccan family?
- 8 5 months in Africa - advice please?
- 9 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 10 2/3 Months in South/East Africa - Itinerary help please?
- 11 How to chose a safari tour company?
- 12 Help with Safari in mid range, Stellenbosch,
- 13 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 14 what kind of phone
- 15 Small group tours in israel
- 16 Where is the Bisotun ?
- 17 Our hectic trek up Kilimanjaro and animal-filled safari in Tanzania!
- 18 Timbavati OR Kalahari
- 19 Iran Info, Please
- 20 1 month in southern Africa; how long in J'burg??
- 21 Safari on a budget!
- 22 fez accommodation
- 23 Gorilla Trekking with Churchill Safaris
- 24 Egypt safe travel
- 25 Rwanda for Gorillas....add on Uganda, Tanzania, Zanzibar?