We took a drive through the Atlas mountains this summer during the corn harvest. Our trip took us on narrow, winding pistes through the mountains, down through the Dades Gorge to Ouarzazate and Ait Benhaddou. On we went to Zagora before turning north-west to Taliouine, then up steep mountain passes and down to Marrakesh. Finally, we drove up the coast to Cap Spartel and visited the Caves of Hercules before crossing back over to Spain.
There is a full account with lots of photos on our website:
M & M
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Safari Game Drives & Conservancy/Park Fees
- 2 FABULOUS trip! Wanted to share recommendations
- 3 Uganda Currency Exchange
- 4 Safari suggestions
- 5 Visiting Tanzania, Must DO list
- 6 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 7 Travel to Cairo in July
- 8 Targin into Zambia
- 9 Tanzania Accommodation?
- 10 Capetown Tours Who Is the Best?
- 11 Medical Precautions for Zambia
- 12 My Lisbon/Morocco Itinerary-any suggestions?
- 13 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 14 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 15 Uganda Gorila Trek - Single Travelers
- 16 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 17 Passport question for International flight
- 18 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 19 Tour operator near me
- 20 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 21 Sim card mainly for data
- 22 Desert Tour or Chefchaouen?
- 23 How are you adapting to the electronics ban?
- 24 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 25 Morocco Itinerary: Too fast?
A short self-drive camping tour of Morocco