We took a drive through the Atlas mountains this summer during the corn harvest. Our trip took us on narrow, winding pistes through the mountains, down through the Dades Gorge to Ouarzazate and Ait Benhaddou. On we went to Zagora before turning north-west to Taliouine, then up steep mountain passes and down to Marrakesh. Finally, we drove up the coast to Cap Spartel and visited the Caves of Hercules before crossing back over to Spain.
There is a full account with lots of photos on our website:
M & M
A short self-drive camping tour of Morocco
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 2 Morrocco and Cash
- 3 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 4 Car Hire Victoria Mahe Seychelles
- 5 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 6 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 7 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 8 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 9 South Africa trip advices
- 10 Dubai transit with different connecting flights
- 11 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 12 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 13 Tour to Morocco
- 14 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 15 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 16 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 17 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 18 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 19 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 20 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 21 First time in Africa on safari
- 22 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 23 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 24 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 25 Cairo Hotels and Safety