We took a drive through the Atlas mountains this summer during the corn harvest. Our trip took us on narrow, winding pistes through the mountains, down through the Dades Gorge to Ouarzazate and Ait Benhaddou. On we went to Zagora before turning north-west to Taliouine, then up steep mountain passes and down to Marrakesh. Finally, we drove up the coast to Cap Spartel and visited the Caves of Hercules before crossing back over to Spain.
There is a full account with lots of photos on our website:
M & M
A short self-drive camping tour of Morocco
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 2 Questions about Chobe
- 3 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 4 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 5 Morroco Travel Guide
- 6 India
- 7 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 8 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 9 Ideas about the trip.
- 10 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 11 3 days in Teheran
- 12 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 13 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 14 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 15 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 16 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 17 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 18 What camera to use on safari
- 19 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 20 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 21 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 22 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 23 To go to Israel or not?
- 24 Bidair at JNB
- 25 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!