We took a drive through the Atlas mountains this summer during the corn harvest. Our trip took us on narrow, winding pistes through the mountains, down through the Dades Gorge to Ouarzazate and Ait Benhaddou. On we went to Zagora before turning north-west to Taliouine, then up steep mountain passes and down to Marrakesh. Finally, we drove up the coast to Cap Spartel and visited the Caves of Hercules before crossing back over to Spain.
There is a full account with lots of photos on our website:
M & M
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 The ample component which you are going to
- 2 Tanzania - first trip - many questions.
- 3 Rental Car Rabat Airport
- 4 14-16 day visit to South Africa
- 5 experiences with African travel Resource
- 6 name issue
- 7 3 days in Jo'Burg
- 8 Madagascar suggestions
- 9 Travelling to Atlas mountains
- 10 3-part Zimbabwe: Join Wild Dog Researcher, Walk Mana Pools, Canoe Zambezi
- 11 First time in Southafrica - Suggested itinerary
- 12 Seven day solo trip to Morocco
- 13 East Africa Travel Visa - Starting in Kenya
- 14 4 weeks in South Africa ideas
- 15 only private conservancies or can i add in a national park
- 16 Single traveler
- 17 Should I visit Vamizi Island again?
- 18 Liquids Restrictions - South Africa to Zimbabwe
- 19 Morocco & Spain with Kidos!
- 20 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 21 My Magical Southern African Photography Safari: A Trip Report
- 22 morocco help please
- 23 3 adults in Dubai need a good hotel to share with privacy!
- 24 Botswana - Oct vs June
- 25 Zambia + Namibia trip -completely unrealistic?
A short self-drive camping tour of Morocco