We took a drive through the Atlas mountains this summer during the corn harvest. Our trip took us on narrow, winding pistes through the mountains, down through the Dades Gorge to Ouarzazate and Ait Benhaddou. On we went to Zagora before turning north-west to Taliouine, then up steep mountain passes and down to Marrakesh. Finally, we drove up the coast to Cap Spartel and visited the Caves of Hercules before crossing back over to Spain.
There is a full account with lots of photos on our website:
M & M
A short self-drive camping tour of Morocco
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Good reads
- 2 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 3 South Africa in February?
- 4 Morocco Advice
- 5 Dubai and where else for one week?
- 6 Kenya Multi-Day Safari Trip Report
- 7 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 8 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 9 3-week tour at Egypt
- 10 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 11 Beirut
- 12 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 13 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 14 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 15 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 16 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 17 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 18 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 19 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 20 I'm going on safari for free!
- 21 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 22 Dubai first time
- 23 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June
- 24 Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti
- 25 Observation - Possible Limited Space During Peak Season