We took a drive through the Atlas mountains this summer during the corn harvest. Our trip took us on narrow, winding pistes through the mountains, down through the Dades Gorge to Ouarzazate and Ait Benhaddou. On we went to Zagora before turning north-west to Taliouine, then up steep mountain passes and down to Marrakesh. Finally, we drove up the coast to Cap Spartel and visited the Caves of Hercules before crossing back over to Spain.
There is a full account with lots of photos on our website:
M & M
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 2 Free walking tours Medina Marrakech ???
- 3 Where to go for lunch and dinner in Fes, Marrakech, and Essaouira
- 4 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 5 Israel Transportation
- 6 Changing planes at Dubai
- 7 Has Anyone Been to Sudan...?
- 8 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 9 Chaos in the old Medina-Marrakech
- 10 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 11 Morocco Trip Report
- 12 North African Tips for a First Timer
- 13 Morocco help
- 14 First trip to Africa
- 15 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 16 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 17 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 18 IRAN
- 19 Money in Uganda
- 20 Uganda Visa
- 21 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 22 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 23 Private Guide for Cairo
- 24 Egypt - Need Help!
- 25 Attractions in Cairo and around
A short self-drive camping tour of Morocco