We took a drive through the Atlas mountains this summer during the corn harvest. Our trip took us on narrow, winding pistes through the mountains, down through the Dades Gorge to Ouarzazate and Ait Benhaddou. On we went to Zagora before turning north-west to Taliouine, then up steep mountain passes and down to Marrakesh. Finally, we drove up the coast to Cap Spartel and visited the Caves of Hercules before crossing back over to Spain.
There is a full account with lots of photos on our website:
M & M
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Packing for safari in South Africa (summer)
- 2 Travelling to Atlas mountains
- 3 Tanzania - first trip - many questions.
- 4 Namibia Itinerary
- 5 name issue
- 6 Israel for 10 days
- 7 First safari- what to wear? Gifts for locals?
- 8 Rental Car Rabat Airport
- 9 14-16 day visit to South Africa
- 10 experiences with African travel Resource
- 11 3 days in Jo'Burg
- 12 Madagascar suggestions
- 13 3-part Zimbabwe: Join Wild Dog Researcher, Walk Mana Pools, Canoe Zambezi
- 14 First time in Southafrica - Suggested itinerary
- 15 Seven day solo trip to Morocco
- 16 East Africa Travel Visa - Starting in Kenya
- 17 4 weeks in South Africa ideas
- 18 only private conservancies or can i add in a national park
- 19 Single traveler
- 20 Should I visit Vamizi Island again?
- 21 Liquids Restrictions - South Africa to Zimbabwe
- 22 Morocco & Spain with Kidos!
- 23 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 24 My Magical Southern African Photography Safari: A Trip Report
- 25 morocco help please
A short self-drive camping tour of Morocco