We took a drive through the Atlas mountains this summer during the corn harvest. Our trip took us on narrow, winding pistes through the mountains, down through the Dades Gorge to Ouarzazate and Ait Benhaddou. On we went to Zagora before turning north-west to Taliouine, then up steep mountain passes and down to Marrakesh. Finally, we drove up the coast to Cap Spartel and visited the Caves of Hercules before crossing back over to Spain.
There is a full account with lots of photos on our website:
M & M
A short self-drive camping tour of Morocco
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 2 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 3 Hotels in Nairobi
- 4 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 5 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 6 Remote Rivers Tours-Madagascar
- 7 Morocco in April 2014
- 8 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 9 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 10 Uganda Travel Planning
- 11 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 12 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 13 Kenya Safari: Ngerende Island Lodge, Mara Bushtops, or Porini Camps?
- 14 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 15 Green Season Safari Questions
- 16 Novice Safari question
- 17 Quick question about Kenya..
- 18 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 19 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 20 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 21 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 22 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 23 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 24 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 25 Israel and Jordan