We took a drive through the Atlas mountains this summer during the corn harvest. Our trip took us on narrow, winding pistes through the mountains, down through the Dades Gorge to Ouarzazate and Ait Benhaddou. On we went to Zagora before turning north-west to Taliouine, then up steep mountain passes and down to Marrakesh. Finally, we drove up the coast to Cap Spartel and visited the Caves of Hercules before crossing back over to Spain.
There is a full account with lots of photos on our website:
M & M
A short self-drive camping tour of Morocco
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Camel Trekking in Sahara Desert, Reccomended Moroccan Adventure
- 2 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 3 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 4 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 5 To go to Israel or not?
- 6 Bidair at JNB
- 7 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 8 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 9 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 10 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 11 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 12 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 13 Questions about Chobe
- 14 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 15 Dubai > Oman?
- 16 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 17 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 18 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 19 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 20 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 21 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 22 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 23 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 24 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 25 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya