We took a drive through the Atlas mountains this summer during the corn harvest. Our trip took us on narrow, winding pistes through the mountains, down through the Dades Gorge to Ouarzazate and Ait Benhaddou. On we went to Zagora before turning north-west to Taliouine, then up steep mountain passes and down to Marrakesh. Finally, we drove up the coast to Cap Spartel and visited the Caves of Hercules before crossing back over to Spain.
There is a full account with lots of photos on our website:
M & M
A short self-drive camping tour of Morocco
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 first time family safari in August 2014
- 2 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 3 Memory cards for camera
- 4 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 5 Cape Town Safety?
- 6 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 7 Sabi Sands camps
- 8 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 9 London to Tel aviv What to expect at BG /Trans to Tel aviv / booking.com
- 10 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 11 Help with Rwanda trip
- 12 History Of Mount Kilimanjaro
- 13 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 14 Tel Aviv beaches
- 15 trip report, morocco
- 16 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 17 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 18 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 19 Morocco for 2 nights
- 20 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 21 Hotels in Nairobi
- 22 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 23 Rwanda trip report
- 24 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 25 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary