We took a drive through the Atlas mountains this summer during the corn harvest. Our trip took us on narrow, winding pistes through the mountains, down through the Dades Gorge to Ouarzazate and Ait Benhaddou. On we went to Zagora before turning north-west to Taliouine, then up steep mountain passes and down to Marrakesh. Finally, we drove up the coast to Cap Spartel and visited the Caves of Hercules before crossing back over to Spain.
There is a full account with lots of photos on our website:
M & M
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 2 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 3 17 Day Safari Experience in Uganda
- 4 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 5 Yom Hazikaron
- 6 Yom Haatzmaut
- 7 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 8 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 9 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 10 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 11 recomendation on African Safari company
- 12 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 13 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 14 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 15 One extra day in Jordan
- 16 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 17 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
- 18 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 19 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 20 Israel in Late October or November?
- 21 One month in Africa
- 22 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 23 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 24 Travel to Saudi Arabia
- 25 Snorkeling at Diani Beach
A short self-drive camping tour of Morocco