Look here very rarely now but as I am about to go back to South Africa at the beginning of March and I did ask for assistance regarding Phinda, thought I would mention what I finally decided.
Becoming a wildlife carer here at home made me want to change what I did in South Africa, so now going to a wildlife rehabilitation centre to work for the first 3 weeks. Really looking forward to this but a bit nervous at the same time!
Then to Kapama for 2 nights just to see their rehab centre and because it is fairly close to where we are going first up.
Then down to Phinda for 9 nights staying in two camps, Forest and Mountain. Black Rhino heads my wish list for here. Was quite the nightmare to book for some bizarre reason, not sure if it was me or them, but hopefully the stay there will make that a distant memory.
This is a new adventure and one I am really looking forward to as it should also help me in general, with what I am doing here for my native wildlife.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Namibia: any suggestion for a 3 weeks self drive roundtrip?
- 2 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 3 Marrakech
- 4 Binocular rentals
- 5 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 6 Dead Sea day trip
- 7 Victoria and Albert Cape Town renovation status
- 8 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 9 Advice please: family SA safari August 2018
- 10 Kenya Visa Requirements/Fake Visa Site
- 11 Wayo Africa (Tanzania) Green Camps
- 12 FODOR'S GUIDE TO CLOTHING FOR SAFARI
- 13 Non Marlaia Africa or Brazil?
- 14 Itinerary Ideas
- 15 South Africa - Guidebook recommendation and other ??
- 16 Travel to Botswana
- 17 Iran travel itinerary -18 days April 2017
- 18 Loldia House Kenya
- 19 Kenya - Plastic Bags
- 20 gamer reserve, lodge, safari camp recommendations
- 21 South Africa visit: Cape Town and Kruger Park
- 22 several short safaris vs one longer one
- 23 How many Days for the Okavango Delta
- 24 Recommendations for busy coastal resorts in the Canaries
- 25 Restaurant in Cape Town