Look here very rarely now but as I am about to go back to South Africa at the beginning of March and I did ask for assistance regarding Phinda, thought I would mention what I finally decided.
Becoming a wildlife carer here at home made me want to change what I did in South Africa, so now going to a wildlife rehabilitation centre to work for the first 3 weeks. Really looking forward to this but a bit nervous at the same time!
Then to Kapama for 2 nights just to see their rehab centre and because it is fairly close to where we are going first up.
Then down to Phinda for 9 nights staying in two camps, Forest and Mountain. Black Rhino heads my wish list for here. Was quite the nightmare to book for some bizarre reason, not sure if it was me or them, but hopefully the stay there will make that a distant memory.
This is a new adventure and one I am really looking forward to as it should also help me in general, with what I am doing here for my native wildlife.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Has Anyone Been to Sudan...?
- 2 Blast near Cairo cathedral kills at least 25
- 3 Tipping...
- 4 Changing planes at Dubai
- 5 Morocco for 9 nights in February
- 6 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 7 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 8 Morocco Trip Report
- 9 Where to go for lunch and dinner in Fes, Marrakech, and Essaouira
- 10 Free walking tours Medina Marrakech ???
- 11 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 12 Israel Transportation
- 13 Chaos in the old Medina-Marrakech
- 14 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 15 North African Tips for a First Timer
- 16 Morocco help
- 17 First trip to Africa
- 18 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 19 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 20 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 21 IRAN
- 22 Money in Uganda
- 23 Uganda Visa
- 24 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 25 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed