Look here very rarely now but as I am about to go back to South Africa at the beginning of March and I did ask for assistance regarding Phinda, thought I would mention what I finally decided.
Becoming a wildlife carer here at home made me want to change what I did in South Africa, so now going to a wildlife rehabilitation centre to work for the first 3 weeks. Really looking forward to this but a bit nervous at the same time!
Then to Kapama for 2 nights just to see their rehab centre and because it is fairly close to where we are going first up.
Then down to Phinda for 9 nights staying in two camps, Forest and Mountain. Black Rhino heads my wish list for here. Was quite the nightmare to book for some bizarre reason, not sure if it was me or them, but hopefully the stay there will make that a distant memory.
This is a new adventure and one I am really looking forward to as it should also help me in general, with what I am doing here for my native wildlife.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Leaf Leopards & Stone Lions: Kamping in Kruger
- 2 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 3 61 year old traveling to Kenya/Tanzania by myself
- 4 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 5 Self drive tour south africa
- 6 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 7 Itinerary Help - South Africa
- 8 2 Trips to Uganda: my experience
- 9 Elandskloof Farm Cottages near Greyton in the Western Cape
- 10 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 11 Duba activities - help deciding
- 12 Itinerary Input for Northern Israel with Kids
- 13 Private Guide for Cairo
- 14 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 15 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 16 Texting from US to Israel
- 17 Itinerary Ideas
- 18 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 19 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 20 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 21 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 22 first family kenyan safari trip report
- 23 Dubai for 3 Days (2 nights)
- 24 Naukluft Hiking Trail travel companions wanted
- 25 Passport pages stuck together