We have booked 8 nights in Dubai and would like to use part of that time to explore outside the UAE. Our top choice is Petra, but we need counsel from someone who knows the ins and outs of that add-on.
Our research so far, through phone conversations with Emirates Airlines, has informed us that we can get an Arabian Airpass from Dubai to Amman for a very reasonable price. But it looks like awe would then need to go by bus or use private driver to Petra...about an 11 hour drive? Yuck on the 11 hours!
Suggestions? We have looked into Airpass to Istanbul and Cairo as well, but Petra seems the most interesting. We arrive in Dubai Dec. 1, returning Dec. 9. We are looking to spend the weekend in another location, probably Dec. 4-7, 3 nights.
With the 11 hour drive, is Petra out if the question? We can extend our trip at a cost of $200 each if necessary. Worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Itinerary Ideas
- 2 Tanzania Itinerary help
- 3 planning first safari to Tanzania ... feeling overwhelmed
- 4 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions
- 5 Help with Israel Trip (First Timers): Some Basic Questions
- 6 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 7 Tel Aviv-Haifa: gifts and presents. Any ideas?
- 8 Plan To Travel To Tanzania?
- 9 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 10 Narrowing down my 10 day itinerary
- 11 Where do I even start planning my SA safari?
- 12 Kenya/Tanzania
- 13 Dubai first time
- 14 2 nights in Dubai
- 15 16 hours in Qatar
- 16 Petra from Israel
- 17 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 18 A South African in Lusaka
- 19 Packing for trip to Tanzania
- 20 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 21 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 22 RETURN TO BOTSWANA, PLUS JOHANNESBURG, 2017
- 23 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 24 Safari suggestions
- 25 Best places to eat in Egypt?
8 nights in Dubai...need advice regarding Dubai/Petra combo.