We have booked 8 nights in Dubai and would like to use part of that time to explore outside the UAE. Our top choice is Petra, but we need counsel from someone who knows the ins and outs of that add-on.
Our research so far, through phone conversations with Emirates Airlines, has informed us that we can get an Arabian Airpass from Dubai to Amman for a very reasonable price. But it looks like awe would then need to go by bus or use private driver to Petra...about an 11 hour drive? Yuck on the 11 hours!
Suggestions? We have looked into Airpass to Istanbul and Cairo as well, but Petra seems the most interesting. We arrive in Dubai Dec. 1, returning Dec. 9. We are looking to spend the weekend in another location, probably Dec. 4-7, 3 nights.
With the 11 hour drive, is Petra out if the question? We can extend our trip at a cost of $200 each if necessary. Worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 2 Mombasa recomendations please
- 3 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 4 Private tours in Morocco
- 5 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 6 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 7 First time to Africa-need help!
- 8 How do I know if a company is legit
- 9 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 10 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 11 South Africa trip report
- 12 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 13 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 14 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 15 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 16 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 17 Ethiopian security
- 18 Duffel Bag Suggestions?
- 19 Eyes on Africa Safari Recommendations???
- 20 morocco
- 21 Morocco 10 days - plz review
- 22 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 23 Is an Iranian visa a problem when entering Israel?
- 24 Casablanca or Rabat for two night stay
- 25 A very belated TR - South of Namibia with Kgalagadi
8 nights in Dubai...need advice regarding Dubai/Petra combo.