We have booked 8 nights in Dubai and would like to use part of that time to explore outside the UAE. Our top choice is Petra, but we need counsel from someone who knows the ins and outs of that add-on.
Our research so far, through phone conversations with Emirates Airlines, has informed us that we can get an Arabian Airpass from Dubai to Amman for a very reasonable price. But it looks like awe would then need to go by bus or use private driver to Petra...about an 11 hour drive? Yuck on the 11 hours!
Suggestions? We have looked into Airpass to Istanbul and Cairo as well, but Petra seems the most interesting. We arrive in Dubai Dec. 1, returning Dec. 9. We are looking to spend the weekend in another location, probably Dec. 4-7, 3 nights.
With the 11 hour drive, is Petra out if the question? We can extend our trip at a cost of $200 each if necessary. Worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Kechua AOL MAIL : Te^ch SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 AOL 24*7
- 2 Tanzania Accommodation?
- 3 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 4 Safari suggestions
- 5 My Lisbon/Morocco Itinerary-any suggestions?
- 6 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 7 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 8 Capetown Tours Who Is the Best?
- 9 Uganda Gorila Trek - Single Travelers
- 10 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 11 Passport question for International flight
- 12 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 13 Tour operator near me
- 14 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 15 Sim card mainly for data
- 16 Desert Tour or Chefchaouen?
- 17 How are you adapting to the electronics ban?
- 18 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 19 Morocco Itinerary: Too fast?
- 20 If you are looking for a guide in Morocco
- 21 9D8N Morocco Itinerary
- 22 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania
- 23 Storing luggage in Johannesburg
- 24 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 25 Packing for trip to Tanzania
8 nights in Dubai...need advice regarding Dubai/Petra combo.