We have booked 8 nights in Dubai and would like to use part of that time to explore outside the UAE. Our top choice is Petra, but we need counsel from someone who knows the ins and outs of that add-on.
Our research so far, through phone conversations with Emirates Airlines, has informed us that we can get an Arabian Airpass from Dubai to Amman for a very reasonable price. But it looks like awe would then need to go by bus or use private driver to Petra...about an 11 hour drive? Yuck on the 11 hours!
Suggestions? We have looked into Airpass to Istanbul and Cairo as well, but Petra seems the most interesting. We arrive in Dubai Dec. 1, returning Dec. 9. We are looking to spend the weekend in another location, probably Dec. 4-7, 3 nights.
With the 11 hour drive, is Petra out if the question? We can extend our trip at a cost of $200 each if necessary. Worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 2 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 3 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 4 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 5 beach visit after safari
- 6 Best African Safari
- 7 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 8 Petra Wadi Rum
- 9 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 10 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 11 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 12 What is worth seeing in November?
- 13 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 14 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 15 Israeli Tour Guides
- 16 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 17 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 18 Masai Mara in May
- 19 Western Desert Itinerary
- 20 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 21 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 22 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 23 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 24 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen
- 25 Trip to Merzouga
8 nights in Dubai...need advice regarding Dubai/Petra combo.