We have booked 8 nights in Dubai and would like to use part of that time to explore outside the UAE. Our top choice is Petra, but we need counsel from someone who knows the ins and outs of that add-on.
Our research so far, through phone conversations with Emirates Airlines, has informed us that we can get an Arabian Airpass from Dubai to Amman for a very reasonable price. But it looks like awe would then need to go by bus or use private driver to Petra...about an 11 hour drive? Yuck on the 11 hours!
Suggestions? We have looked into Airpass to Istanbul and Cairo as well, but Petra seems the most interesting. We arrive in Dubai Dec. 1, returning Dec. 9. We are looking to spend the weekend in another location, probably Dec. 4-7, 3 nights.
With the 11 hour drive, is Petra out if the question? We can extend our trip at a cost of $200 each if necessary. Worth it?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Israel Transportation
- 2 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 3 Chaos in the old Medina-Marrakech
- 4 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 5 Free walking tours Medina Marrakech ???
- 6 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 7 What you do not know about East Africa.
- 8 Morocco Trip Report
- 9 Has Anyone Been to Sudan...?
- 10 North African Tips for a First Timer
- 11 Morocco help
- 12 First trip to Africa
- 13 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 14 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 15 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 16 IRAN
- 17 Money in Uganda
- 18 Uganda Visa
- 19 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 20 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 21 Private Guide for Cairo
- 22 Egypt - Need Help!
- 23 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 24 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 25 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
8 nights in Dubai...need advice regarding Dubai/Petra combo.