We had a memorable and wonderful trip organized by a Kenyan guide, Robert Somo. This was an 8 day safari covering Masai Mara, where we witnessed the annual migration, awe-inspiring! Never seen such a movement of wildlife, the Mara river being the epicenter of this spectacle. The predators and crocodiles have a field day during this period. Mara Sopa lodge, though outside the park, has superb views over the plains. Food and service was excellent. We had a boat ride on Lake Naivasha where we saw hippos, fish eagles and plenty of other birds and herbivores. Accommodation was in Lake Naivasha Sopa resort, a beautiful establishment just by the lakeside. Everything was super. Drove up the Rift valley escarpment, via Nairobi and into Amboseli, dominated by Mount Kilimanjaro at the background. This is elephant country, besides other game – lions, giraffes, zebras, gazelles and many species of birds. After 2 nights in Kibo safari camp, Iwe drove further south to Tsavo West, a park characterized by rocky landscapes. One night in Ngulia safari lodge perched on a hill with stunning views. A visit to Mzima Springs where we saw several hippo families and tilapia fish through an underground observation point. One night in Voi Wildlife lodge, Tsavo East with a water hole that attracts an abundance and variety of wildlife. The park is so vast that you have to drive for many kilometers to view enough game. On day 8 we drove back to Nairobi, afternoon free and evening transfer to the airport. Robert did a wonderful job in organizing this trip for us. Our driver-guide, Chris was very informative and knows the parks inside out. We would not hesitate to recommend Robert to anybody wishing to organize a trip to Kenya. His contact: email@example.com
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 2 Uganda Trip Report
- 3 Money in Uganda
- 4 Cape Verdean Esqudos
- 5 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 6 VISA for Mozambique
- 7 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 8 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 9 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 10 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 11 Best African Safari
- 12 December Serengeti Itinerary
- 13 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 14 beach visit after safari
- 15 Petra Wadi Rum
- 16 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 17 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 18 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 19 What is worth seeing in November?
- 20 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 21 Israeli Tour Guides
- 22 Masai Mara in May
- 23 Western Desert Itinerary
- 24 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 25 luggage for a weird itinerary