We had a memorable and wonderful trip organized by a Kenyan guide, Robert Somo. This was an 8 day safari covering Masai Mara, where we witnessed the annual migration, awe-inspiring! Never seen such a movement of wildlife, the Mara river being the epicenter of this spectacle. The predators and crocodiles have a field day during this period. Mara Sopa lodge, though outside the park, has superb views over the plains. Food and service was excellent. We had a boat ride on Lake Naivasha where we saw hippos, fish eagles and plenty of other birds and herbivores. Accommodation was in Lake Naivasha Sopa resort, a beautiful establishment just by the lakeside. Everything was super. Drove up the Rift valley escarpment, via Nairobi and into Amboseli, dominated by Mount Kilimanjaro at the background. This is elephant country, besides other game – lions, giraffes, zebras, gazelles and many species of birds. After 2 nights in Kibo safari camp, Iwe drove further south to Tsavo West, a park characterized by rocky landscapes. One night in Ngulia safari lodge perched on a hill with stunning views. A visit to Mzima Springs where we saw several hippo families and tilapia fish through an underground observation point. One night in Voi Wildlife lodge, Tsavo East with a water hole that attracts an abundance and variety of wildlife. The park is so vast that you have to drive for many kilometers to view enough game. On day 8 we drove back to Nairobi, afternoon free and evening transfer to the airport. Robert did a wonderful job in organizing this trip for us. Our driver-guide, Chris was very informative and knows the parks inside out. We would not hesitate to recommend Robert to anybody wishing to organize a trip to Kenya. His contact: email@example.com
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 2 Isreal
- 3 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 4 Namibia: any suggestion for a 3 weeks self drive roundtrip?
- 5 Marrakech
- 6 Binocular rentals
- 7 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 8 Dead Sea day trip
- 9 Victoria and Albert Cape Town renovation status
- 10 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 11 Advice please: family SA safari August 2018
- 12 Kenya Visa Requirements/Fake Visa Site
- 13 Wayo Africa (Tanzania) Green Camps
- 14 FODOR'S GUIDE TO CLOTHING FOR SAFARI
- 15 Non Marlaia Africa or Brazil?
- 16 Itinerary Ideas
- 17 South Africa - Guidebook recommendation and other ??
- 18 Travel to Botswana
- 19 Iran travel itinerary -18 days April 2017
- 20 Loldia House Kenya
- 21 Kenya - Plastic Bags
- 22 gamer reserve, lodge, safari camp recommendations
- 23 South Africa visit: Cape Town and Kruger Park
- 24 several short safaris vs one longer one
- 25 How many Days for the Okavango Delta