We had a memorable and wonderful trip organized by a Kenyan guide, Robert Somo. This was an 8 day safari covering Masai Mara, where we witnessed the annual migration, awe-inspiring! Never seen such a movement of wildlife, the Mara river being the epicenter of this spectacle. The predators and crocodiles have a field day during this period. Mara Sopa lodge, though outside the park, has superb views over the plains. Food and service was excellent. We had a boat ride on Lake Naivasha where we saw hippos, fish eagles and plenty of other birds and herbivores. Accommodation was in Lake Naivasha Sopa resort, a beautiful establishment just by the lakeside. Everything was super. Drove up the Rift valley escarpment, via Nairobi and into Amboseli, dominated by Mount Kilimanjaro at the background. This is elephant country, besides other game – lions, giraffes, zebras, gazelles and many species of birds. After 2 nights in Kibo safari camp, Iwe drove further south to Tsavo West, a park characterized by rocky landscapes. One night in Ngulia safari lodge perched on a hill with stunning views. A visit to Mzima Springs where we saw several hippo families and tilapia fish through an underground observation point. One night in Voi Wildlife lodge, Tsavo East with a water hole that attracts an abundance and variety of wildlife. The park is so vast that you have to drive for many kilometers to view enough game. On day 8 we drove back to Nairobi, afternoon free and evening transfer to the airport. Robert did a wonderful job in organizing this trip for us. Our driver-guide, Chris was very informative and knows the parks inside out. We would not hesitate to recommend Robert to anybody wishing to organize a trip to Kenya. His contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 2 Mombasa recomendations please
- 3 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 4 Private tours in Morocco
- 5 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 6 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 7 First time to Africa-need help!
- 8 How do I know if a company is legit
- 9 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 10 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 11 South Africa trip report
- 12 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 13 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 14 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 15 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 16 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 17 Ethiopian security
- 18 Duffel Bag Suggestions?
- 19 Eyes on Africa Safari Recommendations???
- 20 morocco
- 21 Morocco 10 days - plz review
- 22 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 23 Is an Iranian visa a problem when entering Israel?
- 24 Casablanca or Rabat for two night stay
- 25 A very belated TR - South of Namibia with Kgalagadi