I would very much appreciate comments/suggestions for the below itinerary.
Day 1 - early morning flight to Kogatende from Zanzibar, check-in at either one of the following camps (3 nights):
Lemala Mara Camp
Olakira Mara Camp
Serengeti Mara Camp
Day 2 - activities in Serengeti-Mara
Day 3 - activities in Serengeti-Mara
Day 4 - early morning flight from Kogatende airstrip to Manyara airstrip (or possibly an overland drive) and check-in at either one of the following lodges (1 night):
Bashay Rift Lodge
Day 5 - early morning drive to Ngorongoro Crater (reach there when gate opens), activities in Ngorongoro Crater floor, afternoon transfer to Tarangire National Park and check-in at either one of the following lodges (2 nights):
Mawe Ninga Camp
Lemala Tarangire Camp
Day 6 - activities in Tarangire
Day 7 - morning game-drive and transfer to Kilimanjaro Airport.
*I have chosen the Serengeti Mara because of the small number of visitors and opportunity to witness the Great Migration
**I have chosen not to stay on the Ngorongoro Crater Rim to have a better value accommodation in Karatu
***I have chosen not to stay at any of the lodges outside of Tarangire National Park to avoid time spend driving to the game-viewing areas
I am eager to read your responses.
7D/6N Safari Itinerary for Northern Circuit, Tanzania, in October
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Good reads
- 2 South Africa in February?
- 3 Morocco Advice
- 4 Dubai and where else for one week?
- 5 Kenya Multi-Day Safari Trip Report
- 6 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 7 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 8 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 9 3-week tour at Egypt
- 10 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 11 Beirut
- 12 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 13 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 14 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 15 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 16 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 17 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 18 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 19 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 20 I'm going on safari for free!
- 21 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 22 Dubai first time
- 23 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June
- 24 Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti
- 25 Observation - Possible Limited Space During Peak Season