I would very much appreciate comments/suggestions for the below itinerary.
Day 1 - early morning flight to Kogatende from Zanzibar, check-in at either one of the following camps (3 nights):
Lemala Mara Camp
Olakira Mara Camp
Serengeti Mara Camp
Day 2 - activities in Serengeti-Mara
Day 3 - activities in Serengeti-Mara
Day 4 - early morning flight from Kogatende airstrip to Manyara airstrip (or possibly an overland drive) and check-in at either one of the following lodges (1 night):
Bashay Rift Lodge
Day 5 - early morning drive to Ngorongoro Crater (reach there when gate opens), activities in Ngorongoro Crater floor, afternoon transfer to Tarangire National Park and check-in at either one of the following lodges (2 nights):
Mawe Ninga Camp
Lemala Tarangire Camp
Day 6 - activities in Tarangire
Day 7 - morning game-drive and transfer to Kilimanjaro Airport.
*I have chosen the Serengeti Mara because of the small number of visitors and opportunity to witness the Great Migration
**I have chosen not to stay on the Ngorongoro Crater Rim to have a better value accommodation in Karatu
***I have chosen not to stay at any of the lodges outside of Tarangire National Park to avoid time spend driving to the game-viewing areas
I am eager to read your responses.
7D/6N Safari Itinerary for Northern Circuit, Tanzania, in October
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 2 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 3 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 4 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 5 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 6 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 7 Charity begins at Home!
- 8 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 9 Sun Safaris
- 10 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 11 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 12 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 13 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 14 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 15 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 16 Tour to Morocco
- 17 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 18 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 19 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 20 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 21 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.
- 22 Photographic Magazine's Top 10 Tips For Shooting On Safari...
- 23 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 24 Uganda again
- 25 November at victoria falls