I would very much appreciate comments/suggestions for the below itinerary.
Day 1 - early morning flight to Kogatende from Zanzibar, check-in at either one of the following camps (3 nights):
Lemala Mara Camp
Olakira Mara Camp
Serengeti Mara Camp
Day 2 - activities in Serengeti-Mara
Day 3 - activities in Serengeti-Mara
Day 4 - early morning flight from Kogatende airstrip to Manyara airstrip (or possibly an overland drive) and check-in at either one of the following lodges (1 night):
Bashay Rift Lodge
Day 5 - early morning drive to Ngorongoro Crater (reach there when gate opens), activities in Ngorongoro Crater floor, afternoon transfer to Tarangire National Park and check-in at either one of the following lodges (2 nights):
Mawe Ninga Camp
Lemala Tarangire Camp
Day 6 - activities in Tarangire
Day 7 - morning game-drive and transfer to Kilimanjaro Airport.
*I have chosen the Serengeti Mara because of the small number of visitors and opportunity to witness the Great Migration
**I have chosen not to stay on the Ngorongoro Crater Rim to have a better value accommodation in Karatu
***I have chosen not to stay at any of the lodges outside of Tarangire National Park to avoid time spend driving to the game-viewing areas
I am eager to read your responses.
7D/6N Safari Itinerary for Northern Circuit, Tanzania, in October
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco in April 2014
- 2 Quick question about Kenya..
- 3 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 4 Green Season Safari Questions
- 5 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 6 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 7 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 8 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 9 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 10 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 11 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 12 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 13 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 14 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 15 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 16 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 17 Uganda Travel Planning
- 18 Israel and Jordan
- 19 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 20 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 21 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 22 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 23 Northern Circuit tour company
- 24 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 25 Oman Trip Report