I would very much appreciate comments/suggestions for the below itinerary.
Day 1 - early morning flight to Kogatende from Zanzibar, check-in at either one of the following camps (3 nights):
Lemala Mara Camp
Olakira Mara Camp
Serengeti Mara Camp
Day 2 - activities in Serengeti-Mara
Day 3 - activities in Serengeti-Mara
Day 4 - early morning flight from Kogatende airstrip to Manyara airstrip (or possibly an overland drive) and check-in at either one of the following lodges (1 night):
Bashay Rift Lodge
Day 5 - early morning drive to Ngorongoro Crater (reach there when gate opens), activities in Ngorongoro Crater floor, afternoon transfer to Tarangire National Park and check-in at either one of the following lodges (2 nights):
Mawe Ninga Camp
Lemala Tarangire Camp
Day 6 - activities in Tarangire
Day 7 - morning game-drive and transfer to Kilimanjaro Airport.
*I have chosen the Serengeti Mara because of the small number of visitors and opportunity to witness the Great Migration
**I have chosen not to stay on the Ngorongoro Crater Rim to have a better value accommodation in Karatu
***I have chosen not to stay at any of the lodges outside of Tarangire National Park to avoid time spend driving to the game-viewing areas
I am eager to read your responses.
7D/6N Safari Itinerary for Northern Circuit, Tanzania, in October
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 2 Rip-off Warning: Duty Free Shop in Dar es Salaam
- 3 Jordan safety concerns
- 4 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 5 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 6 Yellow fever vaccination for trip to southern Africa
- 7 Best Economy Hotels In Bahrain
- 8 Just Back: Taming Kilimanjaro and northern Tanzania
- 9 A family safari in Tanzania
- 10 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 11 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 12 Uganda Trip Report
- 13 Epic budget trip in Kenya and Tanzania (safari and more)
- 14 Popular destinations in Africa.
- 15 Central African Republic: Open for Tourists Again
- 16 Morocco Sahara Desert Tour Experience
- 17 LION WORLD TRAVEL
- 18 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 19 Boutique hotels in israel
- 20 Tanzania Self Drive June 2015
- 21 Short layover at JNB
- 22 Angata Ngorongoro v Rhino Ldg/Angata Bolongoja v Tingitana Nrth Serengeti
- 23 Uganda or Rwanda?
- 24 Driving from Casablanca to Marrakesh?
- 25 Soweto guide and pricing to expect?