I'm in need of travel advice for South and East Africa. I will be traveling for 6 weeks. Starting Cape town 29-04-2017 ending my trip Nairobi 11-06-2017. Budget $6K, flights to and from Africa are already paid and excluded of this budget. Travels between the countries are within the above mentioned budget. About me....I'm 35 years old male, fit, healthy and excited . I would say I'm well travelled - done Europe, USA east coast, Canada, Caribbean, China round trip, SEA, Australia round trip, Some post soviet countries, North Africa, West Africa(Ghana), Japan, and whole bunch of ME countries, always travelled all alone never any agency.
While I travel I'm always looking out to get overall feel of those countries I visit. From luxury to the very basics to understand the places I visit. It is the same here and looking forward to get the real African experience.
I would like to see the whole lot, not only safaris/animals but also cities and beautiful landscapes. However, I do not look for any sort of luxuries this time, as I have enough of that around me(living in rich ME country).
What I need from you guys to give me ANY sort of advice as I'm running out of time and I have only 10 days:
- What countries to visit between SA and Kenya and which to avoid plus the reasoning why to visit or not.
- Interesting places to visit in every each of the countries suggested.
- What way to travel between those countries (I would prefer something I can enjoy the real Africa while commuting like busses or vans and travelling by plane only when absolutely necessary - if at all).
- Safety trips
- Maybe some accommodation on budget if you know where and you were very happy with it.
- Parks and Landscape to visit
- Cities to visit
- Must see and experiences
- Must avoid
- Whatever else comes to your minds.
Well it's rather exhausting list but given the time I have and I'm sure that you guys understand it. It is almost impossible to plan it within 10 days so please help me out to plan my itineraries. I will also post the same elsewhere I hope no one has issue with that.
Thanks VERY much!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.healthitcongress.com/collagenix-cream/
- 2 Private Guide for Cairo
- 3 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 4 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 5 Texting from US to Israel
- 6 Itinerary Ideas
- 7 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 8 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 9 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 10 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 11 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 12 first family kenyan safari trip report
- 13 Dubai for 3 Days (2 nights)
- 14 Naukluft Hiking Trail travel companions wanted
- 15 Passport pages stuck together
- 16 Self drive tour south africa
- 17 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 18 Tanzania-An organized trip or on our own?
- 19 Flight to italy then To Romani
- 20 Minor Children & Birth Certificates?
- 21 Duba activities - help deciding
- 22 Eilat
- 23 recommendations for AI islands
- 24 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions
- 25 Petra from Israel