I'm in need of travel advice for South and East Africa. I will be traveling for 6 weeks. Starting Cape town 29-04-2017 ending my trip Nairobi 11-06-2017. Budget $6K, flights to and from Africa are already paid and excluded of this budget. Travels between the countries are within the above mentioned budget. About me....I'm 35 years old male, fit, healthy and excited . I would say I'm well travelled - done Europe, USA east coast, Canada, Caribbean, China round trip, SEA, Australia round trip, Some post soviet countries, North Africa, West Africa(Ghana), Japan, and whole bunch of ME countries, always travelled all alone never any agency.
While I travel I'm always looking out to get overall feel of those countries I visit. From luxury to the very basics to understand the places I visit. It is the same here and looking forward to get the real African experience.
I would like to see the whole lot, not only safaris/animals but also cities and beautiful landscapes. However, I do not look for any sort of luxuries this time, as I have enough of that around me(living in rich ME country).
What I need from you guys to give me ANY sort of advice as I'm running out of time and I have only 10 days:
- What countries to visit between SA and Kenya and which to avoid plus the reasoning why to visit or not.
- Interesting places to visit in every each of the countries suggested.
- What way to travel between those countries (I would prefer something I can enjoy the real Africa while commuting like busses or vans and travelling by plane only when absolutely necessary - if at all).
- Safety trips
- Maybe some accommodation on budget if you know where and you were very happy with it.
- Parks and Landscape to visit
- Cities to visit
- Must see and experiences
- Must avoid
- Whatever else comes to your minds.
Well it's rather exhausting list but given the time I have and I'm sure that you guys understand it. It is almost impossible to plan it within 10 days so please help me out to plan my itineraries. I will also post the same elsewhere I hope no one has issue with that.
Thanks VERY much!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 RELOOK : Install YAHOO 1:800:982:8520 CONTACT YAHOO Technical care
- 2 Safari Goers, I Need Your Expertise!
- 3 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 4 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 5 Where do I even start planning my SA safari?
- 6 Itinerary Ideas
- 7 Tanzania Itinerary help
- 8 planning first safari to Tanzania ... feeling overwhelmed
- 9 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions
- 10 Help with Israel Trip (First Timers): Some Basic Questions
- 11 Tel Aviv-Haifa: gifts and presents. Any ideas?
- 12 Narrowing down my 10 day itinerary
- 13 Kenya/Tanzania
- 14 Dubai first time
- 15 2 nights in Dubai
- 16 16 hours in Qatar
- 17 Petra from Israel
- 18 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 19 A South African in Lusaka
- 20 Packing for trip to Tanzania
- 21 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 22 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 23 RETURN TO BOTSWANA, PLUS JOHANNESBURG, 2017
- 24 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 25 Safari suggestions