Thanks in advance for your help. I'm planning a short trip to Tunisia at the end of June / beginning of July. I've only got about 6 days total as I'll be coming from Italy, so I need to know the highlights. My interest for Tunisia began w/ a recommendation from a friend who's been to Djerba and loved it, although with the information I'm finding online it seems very small and very touristy (however very beautiful). So...I'm wondering - for those of you who've been to Tunisia - would you recommend Djerba? After all the sightseeing we'll be doing in Italy, I think a little beach and R&R is welcome. Is there a "better" island?
Also, in the mainland - do you think Tunis is a good place to start? I know we're stretching ourselves thin here on time, but these are comprimises I have to make
A bit about us - I'm a 28 year old femail (very well traveled) and will be going w/ my mother - 55 but very athletic and also well traveled. We're open to adventure, exploration, etc...just want to make sure we're safe.
6 DAYS IN TUNISIA - MAINLAND AND ISLAND - NEED HELP!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 2 Egypt safe travel
- 3 Namibia in Feb / need to book hotels in advance?
- 4 Kenya/Tanzania Travel Buddies
- 5 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 6 Staying at Lilly’s Lodge in Bulawayo – Not the best choice!
- 7 Nairobi airport
- 8 Pilanesberg or Kruger? Please comment on my itinerary!
- 9 Advice on Jordan/Masada Itinerary
- 10 Dubai - Palm Island
- 11 Arabic language audio course
- 12 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 13 UAE Desert Safari
- 14 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 15 Where to go after visit to Uganda in late March/early April
- 16 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 17 South Africa in February?
- 18 best camera for semi-novice for safari in tanzania & kenya (nikon p500)
- 19 Riad Saturday Night vs. Riad Dar El Janoub
- 20 Dubai first time
- 21 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 22 Zambia Impressions
- 23 Taste of Dubai
- 24 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 25 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective