Thanks in advance for your help. I'm planning a short trip to Tunisia at the end of June / beginning of July. I've only got about 6 days total as I'll be coming from Italy, so I need to know the highlights. My interest for Tunisia began w/ a recommendation from a friend who's been to Djerba and loved it, although with the information I'm finding online it seems very small and very touristy (however very beautiful). So...I'm wondering - for those of you who've been to Tunisia - would you recommend Djerba? After all the sightseeing we'll be doing in Italy, I think a little beach and R&R is welcome. Is there a "better" island?
Also, in the mainland - do you think Tunis is a good place to start? I know we're stretching ourselves thin here on time, but these are comprimises I have to make
A bit about us - I'm a 28 year old femail (very well traveled) and will be going w/ my mother - 55 but very athletic and also well traveled. We're open to adventure, exploration, etc...just want to make sure we're safe.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Late August Cape Town/Safari/Vic Falls Advice Wanted
- 2 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 3 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 4 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 5 South Africa Kgalagadi & Kruger back-to-back in 2016
- 6 Alexandria
- 7 Dubai in 36 hours
- 8 good internet connection option Meknes
- 9 A very belated TR - South of Namibia with Kgalagadi
- 10 South Africa trip report
- 11 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 12 Can gay people travel safely in Morocco?
- 13 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 14 Mombasa recomendations please
- 15 Private tours in Morocco
- 16 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 17 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 18 First time to Africa-need help!
- 19 How do I know if a company is legit
- 20 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 21 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 22 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 23 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 24 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 25 Kenyan Safari Spending Money