Thanks in advance for your help. I'm planning a short trip to Tunisia at the end of June / beginning of July. I've only got about 6 days total as I'll be coming from Italy, so I need to know the highlights. My interest for Tunisia began w/ a recommendation from a friend who's been to Djerba and loved it, although with the information I'm finding online it seems very small and very touristy (however very beautiful). So...I'm wondering - for those of you who've been to Tunisia - would you recommend Djerba? After all the sightseeing we'll be doing in Italy, I think a little beach and R&R is welcome. Is there a "better" island?
Also, in the mainland - do you think Tunis is a good place to start? I know we're stretching ourselves thin here on time, but these are comprimises I have to make
A bit about us - I'm a 28 year old femail (very well traveled) and will be going w/ my mother - 55 but very athletic and also well traveled. We're open to adventure, exploration, etc...just want to make sure we're safe.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South African Cities
- 2 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 3 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 4 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 5 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 6 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 7 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 8 Help with bags
- 9 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 10 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??
- 11 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 12 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 13 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 14 where to go in africa
- 15 Israeli Tour Guides
- 16 Shopping in Morocco
- 17 Need 2-3 others to join Serengeti safari January 9-15, 2017
- 18 Weekend trip to a Middle Eastern City
- 19 HELP! 20+ days in Africa - First time ever trip
- 20 Tanzanian Safari, trip report
- 21 Chimps, Gorillas and Camels- a Tale of Three Countries
- 22 car hire from La Possession
- 23 Yellow Fever, visiting Tanzania
- 24 Short 3 nights in Morocco
- 25 Multi part trip anyone want to join for part or all