Thanks in advance for your help. I'm planning a short trip to Tunisia at the end of June / beginning of July. I've only got about 6 days total as I'll be coming from Italy, so I need to know the highlights. My interest for Tunisia began w/ a recommendation from a friend who's been to Djerba and loved it, although with the information I'm finding online it seems very small and very touristy (however very beautiful). So...I'm wondering - for those of you who've been to Tunisia - would you recommend Djerba? After all the sightseeing we'll be doing in Italy, I think a little beach and R&R is welcome. Is there a "better" island?
Also, in the mainland - do you think Tunis is a good place to start? I know we're stretching ourselves thin here on time, but these are comprimises I have to make
A bit about us - I'm a 28 year old femail (very well traveled) and will be going w/ my mother - 55 but very athletic and also well traveled. We're open to adventure, exploration, etc...just want to make sure we're safe.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Hiring Grand Taxi
- 2 Barcelona & Morocco (Oct 2017)
- 3 Trip Report : Jordan and United Arab Emirates
- 4 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 5 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 6 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 7 Safari In June
- 8 Business trip to Israel
- 9 Advice for 1st tip to Kenya
- 10 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 11 honeymoon place
- 12 Suggestions needed for 5 days in Tunisia
- 13 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 14 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 15 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 16 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 17 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 18 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 19 Yom Hazikaron
- 20 Yom Haatzmaut
- 21 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 22 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 23 recomendation on African Safari company
- 24 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 25 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016