Thanks in advance for your help. I'm planning a short trip to Tunisia at the end of June / beginning of July. I've only got about 6 days total as I'll be coming from Italy, so I need to know the highlights. My interest for Tunisia began w/ a recommendation from a friend who's been to Djerba and loved it, although with the information I'm finding online it seems very small and very touristy (however very beautiful). So...I'm wondering - for those of you who've been to Tunisia - would you recommend Djerba? After all the sightseeing we'll be doing in Italy, I think a little beach and R&R is welcome. Is there a "better" island?
Also, in the mainland - do you think Tunis is a good place to start? I know we're stretching ourselves thin here on time, but these are comprimises I have to make
A bit about us - I'm a 28 year old femail (very well traveled) and will be going w/ my mother - 55 but very athletic and also well traveled. We're open to adventure, exploration, etc...just want to make sure we're safe.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Need help planning Namibia Trip!
- 2 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 3 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 4 Stonetown versus Shimba Hills
- 5 4h transit dubai visit center ?
- 6 transit facilities for 14 hours in Dubai Terminal 2
- 7 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 8 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 9 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 10 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 11 Cairo International Airport
- 12 Petra from Israel
- 13 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 14 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 15 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 16 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 17 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 18 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 19 Dubai Guide
- 20 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 21 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 22 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 23 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 24 Loldia House Kenya
- 25 rekero and encounter mara vehicles