My wife and I live in northern British Columbia and are planning a safari to Tanzania for 2013. To do an African safari has been a life long dream of ours. We have more time then money and are experienced campers so our plan is to go for 4 weeks on a self guided trip utilizing the campsites at the various parks and reserves. To optimize our chances to see game I thought to hire a guide for parts of the trip. Important to us is to avoid busy areas so we get a feel of wilderness experience. We would also like to see a diversity in ecosystems, such as savannah vs. old growth forest with primates, woodlands vs. river safari. We like to do some photography so would like to be able to spend time to get good shots and create opportunities to get close to animals. The best time for us would be the month of August. Some of the parks that seemed interesting to us are: Gombe, Katavi, Tarangire, Sadaani, Serengeti, Lake Manyara, Mkomazi, Mikumi, Selous, Mahale Mountains, Ruaha.
I hope you can help me with a number of questions we still have;
1. Would Dar Es Salaam be the best place to fly in to?
2. I was planning on renting a Land Cruiser or similar vehicle. Do we need that for what we are planning to do?
3. Where would be a good place to rent the car? What are reasonable rates for renting a Land Cruiser?
4. Should we hire a guide for the whole period to travel with us? Or arrange guides for the specific parks we visit? Where would we find a reputable guide?
5. Can special activities such as night drives, game walks, boat trips and special tent camps be arranged privately and ahead of time?
6. Would a trip including the North and South parks be too much driving for the 4 weeks we have planned?
7. Are supplies, such as water, gas, food, readily available along the way?
Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you in advance for helping us with the planning of our trip.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 네임드사다리 사이트 ※연결 : pna11.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 사다리 사이트 ≪ 접속주소 : pna11.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 3 나눔로또 파워볼 분석 ◐ 도메인 : pna11.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 4 파워볼 배팅법 ≪접속주소 : pna11.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 5 파워볼시스템배팅 ▶ 홈피: pna11.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 6 Narrowing down my 10 day itinerary
- 7 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 8 Tel Aviv-Haifa: gifts and presents. Any ideas?
- 9 Kenya/Tanzania
- 10 Dubai first time
- 11 2 nights in Dubai
- 12 16 hours in Qatar
- 13 Petra from Israel
- 14 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 15 A South African in Lusaka
- 16 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 17 Packing for trip to Tanzania
- 18 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 19 Where do I even start planning my SA safari?
- 20 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 21 RETURN TO BOTSWANA, PLUS JOHANNESBURG, 2017
- 22 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 23 Safari suggestions
- 24 Best places to eat in Egypt?
- 25 Cashgate Scandal Malawi effected my tour ?
4 week Tanzania self guided trip planned for 2013; suggestions please