My husband and I booked a trip to Marrakech from Barcelona in late March - arriving Friday morning and leaving Tuesday mid-day. I have read a lot on this forum and elsewhere and am still having trouble figuring out what we can/should do in this amount of time. Obviously we want to do stuff in Marrakech, although I don't think we want to be in the city the entire time as it seems from reading other posts that it can get a bit overwhelming. We want to see the market, the main square (sorry for lack of actual names right now), see the Jewish sites, go to a hammam, and maybe take a cooking class.
Am also considering day/overnight trips. I think we've given up on the desert thing - it's just too far away and would take too much time (right?). We like to be physically active, so perhaps a trip to the Atlas mountains for a hike? Is this possible as a day trip? Is there anything else you would suggest?
Also does anyone know of tour companies that allow you to join onto a group tour/day trip, to help us keep costs down?
Thought about going to Essaouria either for a day or an overnight. It seems kind of a hassle to switch hotels and then come back to Marrakech again, but it also seems very rushed for a day trip. Some people rave about this city, but will it be warm enough in March to be worthwhile? And I'm not sure how we could fit in a mountain trip AND this.
Sorry for the scattered-ness. I am usually not so lost on planning a trip like this. Would appreciate any help.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 2 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 3 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 4 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 5 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 6 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 7 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 8 Yom Hazikaron
- 9 Yom Haatzmaut
- 10 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 11 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 12 recomendation on African Safari company
- 13 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 14 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 15 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 16 One extra day in Jordan
- 17 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 18 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
- 19 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 20 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 21 Israel in Late October or November?
- 22 One month in Africa
- 23 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 24 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 25 Travel to Saudi Arabia