My husband and I booked a trip to Marrakech from Barcelona in late March - arriving Friday morning and leaving Tuesday mid-day. I have read a lot on this forum and elsewhere and am still having trouble figuring out what we can/should do in this amount of time. Obviously we want to do stuff in Marrakech, although I don't think we want to be in the city the entire time as it seems from reading other posts that it can get a bit overwhelming. We want to see the market, the main square (sorry for lack of actual names right now), see the Jewish sites, go to a hammam, and maybe take a cooking class.
Am also considering day/overnight trips. I think we've given up on the desert thing - it's just too far away and would take too much time (right?). We like to be physically active, so perhaps a trip to the Atlas mountains for a hike? Is this possible as a day trip? Is there anything else you would suggest?
Also does anyone know of tour companies that allow you to join onto a group tour/day trip, to help us keep costs down?
Thought about going to Essaouria either for a day or an overnight. It seems kind of a hassle to switch hotels and then come back to Marrakech again, but it also seems very rushed for a day trip. Some people rave about this city, but will it be warm enough in March to be worthwhile? And I'm not sure how we could fit in a mountain trip AND this.
Sorry for the scattered-ness. I am usually not so lost on planning a trip like this. Would appreciate any help.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 It can beautify the electricity of your muscle groups
- 2 Isreal
- 3 FODOR'S GUIDE TO CLOTHING FOR SAFARI
- 4 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 5 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 6 Binocular rentals
- 7 Namibia: any suggestion for a 3 weeks self drive roundtrip?
- 8 Marrakech
- 9 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 10 Dead Sea day trip
- 11 Victoria and Albert Cape Town renovation status
- 12 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 13 Advice please: family SA safari August 2018
- 14 Kenya Visa Requirements/Fake Visa Site
- 15 Wayo Africa (Tanzania) Green Camps
- 16 Non Marlaia Africa or Brazil?
- 17 Itinerary Ideas
- 18 South Africa - Guidebook recommendation and other ??
- 19 Travel to Botswana
- 20 Iran travel itinerary -18 days April 2017
- 21 Loldia House Kenya
- 22 Kenya - Plastic Bags
- 23 gamer reserve, lodge, safari camp recommendations
- 24 South Africa visit: Cape Town and Kruger Park
- 25 several short safaris vs one longer one