My husband and I booked a trip to Marrakech from Barcelona in late March - arriving Friday morning and leaving Tuesday mid-day. I have read a lot on this forum and elsewhere and am still having trouble figuring out what we can/should do in this amount of time. Obviously we want to do stuff in Marrakech, although I don't think we want to be in the city the entire time as it seems from reading other posts that it can get a bit overwhelming. We want to see the market, the main square (sorry for lack of actual names right now), see the Jewish sites, go to a hammam, and maybe take a cooking class.
Am also considering day/overnight trips. I think we've given up on the desert thing - it's just too far away and would take too much time (right?). We like to be physically active, so perhaps a trip to the Atlas mountains for a hike? Is this possible as a day trip? Is there anything else you would suggest?
Also does anyone know of tour companies that allow you to join onto a group tour/day trip, to help us keep costs down?
Thought about going to Essaouria either for a day or an overnight. It seems kind of a hassle to switch hotels and then come back to Marrakech again, but it also seems very rushed for a day trip. Some people rave about this city, but will it be warm enough in March to be worthwhile? And I'm not sure how we could fit in a mountain trip AND this.
Sorry for the scattered-ness. I am usually not so lost on planning a trip like this. Would appreciate any help.
4 days in Marrakech - Some Qs
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 India
- 2 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 3 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 4 Ideas about the trip.
- 5 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 6 3 days in Teheran
- 7 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 8 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 9 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 10 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 11 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 12 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 13 Questions about Chobe
- 14 What camera to use on safari
- 15 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 16 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 17 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 18 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 19 To go to Israel or not?
- 20 Bidair at JNB
- 21 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 22 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 23 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 24 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 25 Eastern Cape Lodges