My husband and I booked a trip to Marrakech from Barcelona in late March - arriving Friday morning and leaving Tuesday mid-day. I have read a lot on this forum and elsewhere and am still having trouble figuring out what we can/should do in this amount of time. Obviously we want to do stuff in Marrakech, although I don't think we want to be in the city the entire time as it seems from reading other posts that it can get a bit overwhelming. We want to see the market, the main square (sorry for lack of actual names right now), see the Jewish sites, go to a hammam, and maybe take a cooking class.
Am also considering day/overnight trips. I think we've given up on the desert thing - it's just too far away and would take too much time (right?). We like to be physically active, so perhaps a trip to the Atlas mountains for a hike? Is this possible as a day trip? Is there anything else you would suggest?
Also does anyone know of tour companies that allow you to join onto a group tour/day trip, to help us keep costs down?
Thought about going to Essaouria either for a day or an overnight. It seems kind of a hassle to switch hotels and then come back to Marrakech again, but it also seems very rushed for a day trip. Some people rave about this city, but will it be warm enough in March to be worthwhile? And I'm not sure how we could fit in a mountain trip AND this.
Sorry for the scattered-ness. I am usually not so lost on planning a trip like this. Would appreciate any help.
4 days in Marrakech - Some Qs
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Quick question about Kenya..
- 2 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 3 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 4 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 5 Green Season Safari Questions
- 6 Morocco in April 2014
- 7 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 8 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 9 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 10 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 11 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 12 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 13 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 14 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 15 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 16 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 17 Uganda Travel Planning
- 18 Israel and Jordan
- 19 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 20 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 21 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 22 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 23 Northern Circuit tour company
- 24 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 25 Oman Trip Report