My husband and I booked a trip to Marrakech from Barcelona in late March - arriving Friday morning and leaving Tuesday mid-day. I have read a lot on this forum and elsewhere and am still having trouble figuring out what we can/should do in this amount of time. Obviously we want to do stuff in Marrakech, although I don't think we want to be in the city the entire time as it seems from reading other posts that it can get a bit overwhelming. We want to see the market, the main square (sorry for lack of actual names right now), see the Jewish sites, go to a hammam, and maybe take a cooking class.
Am also considering day/overnight trips. I think we've given up on the desert thing - it's just too far away and would take too much time (right?). We like to be physically active, so perhaps a trip to the Atlas mountains for a hike? Is this possible as a day trip? Is there anything else you would suggest?
Also does anyone know of tour companies that allow you to join onto a group tour/day trip, to help us keep costs down?
Thought about going to Essaouria either for a day or an overnight. It seems kind of a hassle to switch hotels and then come back to Marrakech again, but it also seems very rushed for a day trip. Some people rave about this city, but will it be warm enough in March to be worthwhile? And I'm not sure how we could fit in a mountain trip AND this.
Sorry for the scattered-ness. I am usually not so lost on planning a trip like this. Would appreciate any help.
4 days in Marrakech - Some Qs
- 1 Ghana trip report - independently using public transport
- 2 Any advice for travelling to Ghana, Ivory Coast and the Gambia?
- 3 Choosing between Ethiopia or Togo-Ghana for backpacking trip!
- 4 Cheap flights for Ghana
- 5 Help! First African safari!!!
- 6 My trip to Egypt .....
- 7 Safari Cost Comparison
- 8 dubai for 5 days
- 9 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 10 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 11 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 12 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 13 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 14 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 15 Bugs n' Botswana
- 16 Group Trip to Israel
- 17 My Trip to Palestine
- 18 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 19 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 20 Being a tourist in Dubai
- 21 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 22 My Big Fat Africa Trip - Input Appreciated!!!!
- 23 Safari and Beach in June
- 24 Help -- choosing a beach for honeymoon: Seychelles, Mauritius, Mozambique
- 25 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit