We are heading to Ethiopia in June and we have two days in Addis Ababa. What should we do? We want to do something outdoorsy (hiking, camping, rafting) or visit some cool Ethiopian Culutral Sites (ie old monastaries or churches)
My current thoughts:
1- one is DEBRE LIBANOS monastery or prehistoric site like MELKA KONTURE.
2- hiking around the ENTOTO mountains near addis ababa. I have heard that you can observe packs of hynenas- hundreds of them in their colony, as well get a look into one of the historic churches.
3- Raft the Blue Nile.
Thanks for your input!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Packing for safari in South Africa (summer)
- 2 Travelling to Atlas mountains
- 3 Tanzania - first trip - many questions.
- 4 Namibia Itinerary
- 5 name issue
- 6 Israel for 10 days
- 7 First safari- what to wear? Gifts for locals?
- 8 Rental Car Rabat Airport
- 9 14-16 day visit to South Africa
- 10 experiences with African travel Resource
- 11 3 days in Jo'Burg
- 12 Madagascar suggestions
- 13 3-part Zimbabwe: Join Wild Dog Researcher, Walk Mana Pools, Canoe Zambezi
- 14 First time in Southafrica - Suggested itinerary
- 15 Seven day solo trip to Morocco
- 16 East Africa Travel Visa - Starting in Kenya
- 17 4 weeks in South Africa ideas
- 18 only private conservancies or can i add in a national park
- 19 Single traveler
- 20 Should I visit Vamizi Island again?
- 21 Liquids Restrictions - South Africa to Zimbabwe
- 22 Morocco & Spain with Kidos!
- 23 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 24 My Magical Southern African Photography Safari: A Trip Report
- 25 morocco help please