We are heading to Ethiopia in June and we have two days in Addis Ababa. What should we do? We want to do something outdoorsy (hiking, camping, rafting) or visit some cool Ethiopian Culutral Sites (ie old monastaries or churches)
My current thoughts:
1- one is DEBRE LIBANOS monastery or prehistoric site like MELKA KONTURE.
2- hiking around the ENTOTO mountains near addis ababa. I have heard that you can observe packs of hynenas- hundreds of them in their colony, as well get a look into one of the historic churches.
3- Raft the Blue Nile.
Thanks for your input!!
2 extra days in Addis Ababa
- 1 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 2 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 3 3 Different Ports in Oman: Salalah, Sur and then Khasab
- 4 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 5 Budget Safari options in Botswana?
- 6 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days
- 7 Morocco - private tour operators
- 8 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Northern Tanzania with a Birding Twist 2/13
- 10 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 11 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 12 Morocco Tour Operators: Morocco Expert Tours
- 13 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 14 Tanzania Feb 2013 -- my first but not last safari!
- 15 Most Romantic Places in Marrakech or Essaouira?
- 16 Help with Zambia itinerary? Victoria's Fall, South Luwangha NP
- 17 Africa Safari
- 18 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 19 Kruger Park trip
- 20 First time in Zimbawbe, SA, Safari, etc. Really need your help.
- 21 Exclusie use vehicles at Mala Mala and Londolozi
- 22 phone service
- 23 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 24 Qatar - Doha my photos
- 25 The Grace Hotel (Johannesburg) is closing