We are heading to Ethiopia in June and we have two days in Addis Ababa. What should we do? We want to do something outdoorsy (hiking, camping, rafting) or visit some cool Ethiopian Culutral Sites (ie old monastaries or churches)
My current thoughts:
1- one is DEBRE LIBANOS monastery or prehistoric site like MELKA KONTURE.
2- hiking around the ENTOTO mountains near addis ababa. I have heard that you can observe packs of hynenas- hundreds of them in their colony, as well get a look into one of the historic churches.
3- Raft the Blue Nile.
Thanks for your input!!
2 extra days in Addis Ababa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 2 Memory cards for camera
- 3 Sabi Sands camps
- 4 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 5 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 6 Morocco for 2 nights
- 7 Hotels in Nairobi
- 8 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 9 trip report, morocco
- 10 Rwanda trip report
- 11 Tel Aviv beaches
- 12 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 13 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 14 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 15 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 16 israel and petra
- 17 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 18 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 19 Israel and Petra
- 20 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea
- 21 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 22 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 23 HELP..visiting Oman and Qatar from Dubai
- 24 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 25 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?