We are heading to Ethiopia in June and we have two days in Addis Ababa. What should we do? We want to do something outdoorsy (hiking, camping, rafting) or visit some cool Ethiopian Culutral Sites (ie old monastaries or churches)
My current thoughts:
1- one is DEBRE LIBANOS monastery or prehistoric site like MELKA KONTURE.
2- hiking around the ENTOTO mountains near addis ababa. I have heard that you can observe packs of hynenas- hundreds of them in their colony, as well get a look into one of the historic churches.
3- Raft the Blue Nile.
Thanks for your input!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 2 South Africa Kgalagadi & Kruger back-to-back in 2016
- 3 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 4 Alexandria
- 5 Dubai in 36 hours
- 6 good internet connection option Meknes
- 7 A very belated TR - South of Namibia with Kgalagadi
- 8 South Africa trip report
- 9 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 10 Can gay people travel safely in Morocco?
- 11 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 12 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 13 Mombasa recomendations please
- 14 Private tours in Morocco
- 15 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 16 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 17 First time to Africa-need help!
- 18 How do I know if a company is legit
- 19 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 20 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 21 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 22 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 23 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 24 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 25 Ethiopian security