I'll be going on a tour starting the evening Sept 23rd (Wednesday) in Nairobi. I'll be landing in Nairobi on Sunday evening around 5:30pm however, so I'll need a hotel as well as tour guide recommendations for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
I've been on TA, and scouted some hotels, but I'm not sure where I should be in the city. I'd like to spend less than $200/night. (I am unable to stay at the hotel which I'm joining my tour at, as they are sold out Sunday and Monday night). I'm a single female traveler, and from what I've heard from acquaintances who have been to Nairobi before, it is not safe to be out at night, so a hotel with a good restaurant would be appreciated!
As far as tours go, I will be heading west on my tour to the Masai Mara area, so anything else I should see closer to Nairobi before I head out there? Are the Safari day tours worth it, are there parks in close proximity to Nairobi? Could anyone recommend things to IN Nairobi itself?
I realize these are a lot of questions, but I'm sort of planning this last minute (my sister just booked a last minute trip to Myanmar, so I guess I'm following in her footsteps?), any advice you could give would be super helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Packing for safari in South Africa (summer)
- 2 Travelling to Atlas mountains
- 3 Tanzania - first trip - many questions.
- 4 Namibia Itinerary
- 5 name issue
- 6 Israel for 10 days
- 7 First safari- what to wear? Gifts for locals?
- 8 Rental Car Rabat Airport
- 9 14-16 day visit to South Africa
- 10 experiences with African travel Resource
- 11 3 days in Jo'Burg
- 12 Madagascar suggestions
- 13 3-part Zimbabwe: Join Wild Dog Researcher, Walk Mana Pools, Canoe Zambezi
- 14 First time in Southafrica - Suggested itinerary
- 15 Seven day solo trip to Morocco
- 16 East Africa Travel Visa - Starting in Kenya
- 17 4 weeks in South Africa ideas
- 18 only private conservancies or can i add in a national park
- 19 Single traveler
- 20 Should I visit Vamizi Island again?
- 21 Liquids Restrictions - South Africa to Zimbabwe
- 22 Morocco & Spain with Kidos!
- 23 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 24 My Magical Southern African Photography Safari: A Trip Report
- 25 morocco help please