I'll be going on a tour starting the evening Sept 23rd (Wednesday) in Nairobi. I'll be landing in Nairobi on Sunday evening around 5:30pm however, so I'll need a hotel as well as tour guide recommendations for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
I've been on TA, and scouted some hotels, but I'm not sure where I should be in the city. I'd like to spend less than $200/night. (I am unable to stay at the hotel which I'm joining my tour at, as they are sold out Sunday and Monday night). I'm a single female traveler, and from what I've heard from acquaintances who have been to Nairobi before, it is not safe to be out at night, so a hotel with a good restaurant would be appreciated!
As far as tours go, I will be heading west on my tour to the Masai Mara area, so anything else I should see closer to Nairobi before I head out there? Are the Safari day tours worth it, are there parks in close proximity to Nairobi? Could anyone recommend things to IN Nairobi itself?
I realize these are a lot of questions, but I'm sort of planning this last minute (my sister just booked a last minute trip to Myanmar, so I guess I'm following in her footsteps?), any advice you could give would be super helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 2 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 3 Advice for 1st tip to Kenya
- 4 honeymoon place
- 5 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 6 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 7 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 8 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 9 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 10 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 11 Yom Hazikaron
- 12 Yom Haatzmaut
- 13 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 14 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 15 recomendation on African Safari company
- 16 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 17 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 18 One extra day in Jordan
- 19 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 20 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
- 21 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 22 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 23 Israel in Late October or November?
- 24 One month in Africa
- 25 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda