I'll be going on a tour starting the evening Sept 23rd (Wednesday) in Nairobi. I'll be landing in Nairobi on Sunday evening around 5:30pm however, so I'll need a hotel as well as tour guide recommendations for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
I've been on TA, and scouted some hotels, but I'm not sure where I should be in the city. I'd like to spend less than $200/night. (I am unable to stay at the hotel which I'm joining my tour at, as they are sold out Sunday and Monday night). I'm a single female traveler, and from what I've heard from acquaintances who have been to Nairobi before, it is not safe to be out at night, so a hotel with a good restaurant would be appreciated!
As far as tours go, I will be heading west on my tour to the Masai Mara area, so anything else I should see closer to Nairobi before I head out there? Are the Safari day tours worth it, are there parks in close proximity to Nairobi? Could anyone recommend things to IN Nairobi itself?
I realize these are a lot of questions, but I'm sort of planning this last minute (my sister just booked a last minute trip to Myanmar, so I guess I'm following in her footsteps?), any advice you could give would be super helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Botswana - Mobile Safari Operator Recommendations?
- 2 Morocco vs Turkey
- 3 Dual Citizenship- Travelling question
- 4 Affidavit document for sole parent traveling to SA with child
- 5 Two Nights in Tangiers
- 6 Nairobi, where to stay
- 7 Widerness Lodges
- 8 Timbavati or Klaserie Game Lodge Options
- 9 Trip Report: South Africa & Namibia April 28 – May 14
- 10 Help plan African Safari
- 11 Trip Insurance for Africa Trip
- 12 Help planning a first safari on a budget?
- 13 Tipping on Safari
- 14 Cape Town
- 15 THE PANORAMA ROUTE
- 16 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 17 Cape Town -safety
- 18 NBO Airport Transfer?
- 19 SA itin review
- 20 Botswana safari in late November
- 21 Ferry to Morocco
- 22 Thinking About Africa...Again!
- 23 Dubai (DXB) - New Business Lounges
- 24 Morocco 8 nights Dec trip ideas
- 25 Aug 17 Botswana itinerary help