We're planning our first trip to Kenya this summer in July / August. We have been on safari once before spending 5 days doing a self-drive in Kruger a few years back. We plan to now try something a bit different and visit Kenya.
We've done loads of hunting on the internet but thought be best to get some feedback for people who've actually been there. We know we want to spend at least a few days in Masai Mara to see the migration but the question is - if you were us how would you split this time and what parks / reserves would you visit and why?
1) fly in and out of Nairobi
2) do a self drive (well with a guide)
3) not spend too much time if possible driving between parks
4) are more into mammals / land animals than birds, they interest us but not so much
5) we're on a medium budget - can do luxury tents or lodges but rule out expensive high-end resort type reserves
6) there is 2 of us (husband + wife) in our 30s
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 First Safari trip-on the right track?
- 2 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 3 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 4 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 5 Viator tour company
- 6 tours in Johannesburg
- 7 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 8 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 9 South African Cities
- 10 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 11 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 12 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 13 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 14 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 15 where to go in africa
- 16 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 17 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 18 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 19 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 20 Help with bags
- 21 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 22 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??
- 23 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 24 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 25 Israeli Tour Guides