We're planning our first trip to Kenya this summer in July / August. We have been on safari once before spending 5 days doing a self-drive in Kruger a few years back. We plan to now try something a bit different and visit Kenya.
We've done loads of hunting on the internet but thought be best to get some feedback for people who've actually been there. We know we want to spend at least a few days in Masai Mara to see the migration but the question is - if you were us how would you split this time and what parks / reserves would you visit and why?
1) fly in and out of Nairobi
2) do a self drive (well with a guide)
3) not spend too much time if possible driving between parks
4) are more into mammals / land animals than birds, they interest us but not so much
5) we're on a medium budget - can do luxury tents or lodges but rule out expensive high-end resort type reserves
6) there is 2 of us (husband + wife) in our 30s
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 gmail@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:855:999:8045 Tech SUPP0RT CARE *
- 2 Where do I even start planning my SA safari?
- 3 Narrowing down my 10 day itinerary
- 4 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 5 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 6 Tel Aviv-Haifa: gifts and presents. Any ideas?
- 7 Kenya/Tanzania
- 8 Dubai first time
- 9 2 nights in Dubai
- 10 16 hours in Qatar
- 11 Petra from Israel
- 12 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 13 A South African in Lusaka
- 14 Packing for trip to Tanzania
- 15 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 16 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 17 RETURN TO BOTSWANA, PLUS JOHANNESBURG, 2017
- 18 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 19 Safari suggestions
- 20 Best places to eat in Egypt?
- 21 Cashgate Scandal Malawi effected my tour ?
- 22 Travel to Africa
- 23 Best SIM card companies for Kenya and Tanzania?
- 24 Beirut/Lebanon for 4 days--What not to miss?
- 25 Complaint: Russell Frankish / Green Bush Pig Safaris