We're planning our first trip to Kenya this summer in July / August. We have been on safari once before spending 5 days doing a self-drive in Kruger a few years back. We plan to now try something a bit different and visit Kenya.
We've done loads of hunting on the internet but thought be best to get some feedback for people who've actually been there. We know we want to spend at least a few days in Masai Mara to see the migration but the question is - if you were us how would you split this time and what parks / reserves would you visit and why?
1) fly in and out of Nairobi
2) do a self drive (well with a guide)
3) not spend too much time if possible driving between parks
4) are more into mammals / land animals than birds, they interest us but not so much
5) we're on a medium budget - can do luxury tents or lodges but rule out expensive high-end resort type reserves
6) there is 2 of us (husband + wife) in our 30s
1st Time Kenya Safari, 7-8 days where would you go?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 2 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 3 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 4 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 5 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 6 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 7 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 8 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 9 Tour to Morocco
- 10 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 11 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 12 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 13 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 14 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.
- 15 Photographic Magazine's Top 10 Tips For Shooting On Safari...
- 16 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 17 Uganda again
- 18 November at victoria falls
- 19 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 20 Best tour guides in Jerusalem
- 21 Climb Kilimanjaro advice
- 22 NEVER travel with Grande Navi Veloci
- 23 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 24 Royal Jordanian or El Al: For Tel Aviv with Petra Side-trip
- 25 What is a normal price for driver from Amman airport to Petra