We're planning our first trip to Kenya this summer in July / August. We have been on safari once before spending 5 days doing a self-drive in Kruger a few years back. We plan to now try something a bit different and visit Kenya.
We've done loads of hunting on the internet but thought be best to get some feedback for people who've actually been there. We know we want to spend at least a few days in Masai Mara to see the migration but the question is - if you were us how would you split this time and what parks / reserves would you visit and why?
1) fly in and out of Nairobi
2) do a self drive (well with a guide)
3) not spend too much time if possible driving between parks
4) are more into mammals / land animals than birds, they interest us but not so much
5) we're on a medium budget - can do luxury tents or lodges but rule out expensive high-end resort type reserves
6) there is 2 of us (husband + wife) in our 30s
1st Time Kenya Safari, 7-8 days where would you go?
- 1 Center Coordinators needed to manage our children’s home in Kenya
- 2 My trip to Egypt .....
- 3 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 4 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 5 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 6 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 7 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 8 Clothes in Uganda
- 9 Visit Gorilas in Uganda
- 10 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 11 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 12 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 13 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 14 Homestay Accomodation
- 15 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 16 Selous game reserve
- 17 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 18 Safari and Beach in June
- 19 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 20 Israel and Jordan as a winter break, Pt. 2
- 21 Group Trip to Israel
- 22 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 23 south african safari in Nov/Dec
- 24 Predator Safari Njema with the KiliWarriors!
- 25 Crossing from Israel to Jordan: Need advice and encouragement. And Advice.