We're planning our first trip to Kenya this summer in July / August. We have been on safari once before spending 5 days doing a self-drive in Kruger a few years back. We plan to now try something a bit different and visit Kenya.
We've done loads of hunting on the internet but thought be best to get some feedback for people who've actually been there. We know we want to spend at least a few days in Masai Mara to see the migration but the question is - if you were us how would you split this time and what parks / reserves would you visit and why?
1) fly in and out of Nairobi
2) do a self drive (well with a guide)
3) not spend too much time if possible driving between parks
4) are more into mammals / land animals than birds, they interest us but not so much
5) we're on a medium budget - can do luxury tents or lodges but rule out expensive high-end resort type reserves
6) there is 2 of us (husband + wife) in our 30s
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South Africa- Capetown/Safari Planning Help Please
- 2 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 3 Tanzania and Kenya tour company?
- 4 Extended wait time at JNB airport
- 5 New Visa Rules on arrival for Kenya W.E.F 01 July 2015
- 6 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 7 WiFi on Safari
- 8 Travel within Africa
- 9 Cape Town - things to do IN THE CITY and where to stay?
- 10 In South Africa, What do Hotels Mean by "Tea and Coffee-making Facilities"?
- 11 Israel itinerary planning
- 12 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 13 Capetown 3-day itinerary?
- 14 My experience of 8 day tour in Morocco
- 15 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 16 My Tour in Morocco by 4x4
- 17 Kenya: No longer able to get visa on arrival at airport?
- 18 Seal snorkeling - Capetown
- 19 Capetown, Garden Route & Safari
- 20 Luggage Storage Question at O.R. Tambo Int'l Airport
- 21 Hotel at Victoria Falls - suggestions welcome
- 22 Need itineary planning help
- 23 Trip Report April/May 2051 Tanzania Safari
- 24 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 25 What to do with 2 1/2 days in Arusha, TZ