We're planning our first trip to Kenya this summer in July / August. We have been on safari once before spending 5 days doing a self-drive in Kruger a few years back. We plan to now try something a bit different and visit Kenya.
We've done loads of hunting on the internet but thought be best to get some feedback for people who've actually been there. We know we want to spend at least a few days in Masai Mara to see the migration but the question is - if you were us how would you split this time and what parks / reserves would you visit and why?
1) fly in and out of Nairobi
2) do a self drive (well with a guide)
3) not spend too much time if possible driving between parks
4) are more into mammals / land animals than birds, they interest us but not so much
5) we're on a medium budget - can do luxury tents or lodges but rule out expensive high-end resort type reserves
6) there is 2 of us (husband + wife) in our 30s
1st Time Kenya Safari, 7-8 days where would you go?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Is this too ambitious for a trip to Africa?
- 2 Things to see in Dubai
- 3 Itinerary Help-South Africa
- 4 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 5 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 6 botswana, zimbabwe/zambia trip advice
- 7 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 8 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 9 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 10 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 11 looking for nice boutique hotel in tel aviv
- 12 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 13 Garden Route PE to Cape Town
- 14 Safari on a budget!
- 15 Tips for Israel
- 16 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 17 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 18 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 19 Road To Morocco Tours
- 20 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 21 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 22 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV
- 23 Ideas for solo (female) relaxing trip next month
- 24 Best time to visit Zanzibar?
- 25 Rwanda