We're planning our first trip to Kenya this summer in July / August. We have been on safari once before spending 5 days doing a self-drive in Kruger a few years back. We plan to now try something a bit different and visit Kenya.
We've done loads of hunting on the internet but thought be best to get some feedback for people who've actually been there. We know we want to spend at least a few days in Masai Mara to see the migration but the question is - if you were us how would you split this time and what parks / reserves would you visit and why?
1) fly in and out of Nairobi
2) do a self drive (well with a guide)
3) not spend too much time if possible driving between parks
4) are more into mammals / land animals than birds, they interest us but not so much
5) we're on a medium budget - can do luxury tents or lodges but rule out expensive high-end resort type reserves
6) there is 2 of us (husband + wife) in our 30s
1st Time Kenya Safari, 7-8 days where would you go?
- 1 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 2 How to find if safari company is legit ?
- 3 Tanzania in 2014
- 4 Mosquito repellants whicwork best !!
- 5 Best Budget Tour Operator
- 6 phone service
- 7 How to choose tour group for Egypt
- 8 Living in Morocco.
- 9 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 10 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 11 Difference between Air Botswana and South African Air
- 12 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 13 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 14 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 15 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 16 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 17 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 18 Help! First trip to Africa and overwhelmed!!
- 19 TRIP REPORT: Northern Tanzania with a Birding Twist 2/13
- 20 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days
- 21 Makoa-Farm Tanzania
- 22 Africa Safari
- 23 Morocco Tour Operators: Morocco Expert Tours
- 24 Wildebeest Mara river crossing started?
- 25 3 Different Ports in Oman: Salalah, Sur and then Khasab