My husband and I were in Morocco for 2 weeks in May. We are a couple in our mid 30s from New York, who love to travel independently. We've traveled to Egypt and Jordan (amongst the Middle East/Northern African countries) and to Rwanda/Tanzania in sub-Saharan Africa, so have some experience in the region.
Work has been busy and summer weekends are spent outdoors, so this trip report is going to come in fits and starts. I'm going to do my best to finish it up as soon as I can, while our memories are still fresh. So, please bear with me, if you're following along.
15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 2 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 3 Morrocco and Cash
- 4 South Africa trip advices
- 5 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 6 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 7 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 8 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 9 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 10 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 11 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 12 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 13 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 14 First time in Africa on safari
- 15 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 16 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 17 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 18 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 19 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 20 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 21 Namibia - Camping Tour
- 22 Dubai Airport: is it safe for a woman traveling alone?
- 23 Two weeks in Qatar, how much money to budget?
- 24 Transport Available from Harare to Victoria Falls - 17 Aug 2014
- 25 Tanzania Safari - The Good, The Bad, The Unexpected and The Amazing!!