My husband and I were in Morocco for 2 weeks in May. We are a couple in our mid 30s from New York, who love to travel independently. We've traveled to Egypt and Jordan (amongst the Middle East/Northern African countries) and to Rwanda/Tanzania in sub-Saharan Africa, so have some experience in the region.
Work has been busy and summer weekends are spent outdoors, so this trip report is going to come in fits and starts. I'm going to do my best to finish it up as soon as I can, while our memories are still fresh. So, please bear with me, if you're following along.
15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 2 Questions about Chobe
- 3 What camera to use on safari
- 4 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 5 Mount Kilimanjaro among 7 world summit peaks
- 6 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 7 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 8 To go to Israel or not?
- 9 Bidair at JNB
- 10 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 11 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 12 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 13 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 14 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 15 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 16 Dubai > Oman?
- 17 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 18 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 19 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 20 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 21 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 22 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 23 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 24 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 25 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)