My husband and I were in Morocco for 2 weeks in May. We are a couple in our mid 30s from New York, who love to travel independently. We've traveled to Egypt and Jordan (amongst the Middle East/Northern African countries) and to Rwanda/Tanzania in sub-Saharan Africa, so have some experience in the region.
Work has been busy and summer weekends are spent outdoors, so this trip report is going to come in fits and starts. I'm going to do my best to finish it up as soon as I can, while our memories are still fresh. So, please bear with me, if you're following along.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Best African Safari
- 2 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 3 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 4 What is worth seeing in November?
- 5 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 6 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 7 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 8 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 9 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 10 Israeli Tour Guides
- 11 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 12 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 13 Masai Mara in May
- 14 Western Desert Itinerary
- 15 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 16 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 17 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 18 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 19 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen
- 20 Trip to Merzouga
- 21 Lodge/Camp in Ruaha National Park
- 22 Uganda Visa
- 23 Border crossing (Bots-Zim-Zam)
- 24 Active Family's First Trip to Africa - South Africa or Botswana
- 25 Which one for safari: Bulele or Sabi Sands at Kruger - South Africa?
15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!