My husband and I were in Morocco for 2 weeks in May. We are a couple in our mid 30s from New York, who love to travel independently. We've traveled to Egypt and Jordan (amongst the Middle East/Northern African countries) and to Rwanda/Tanzania in sub-Saharan Africa, so have some experience in the region.
Work has been busy and summer weekends are spent outdoors, so this trip report is going to come in fits and starts. I'm going to do my best to finish it up as soon as I can, while our memories are still fresh. So, please bear with me, if you're following along.
15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Central African Republic: Open for Tourists Again
- 2 Morocco Sahara Desert Tour Experience
- 3 LION WORLD TRAVEL
- 4 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 5 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 6 Boutique hotels in israel
- 7 Tanzania Self Drive June 2015
- 8 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 9 Rip-off Warning: Duty Free Shop in Dar es Salaam
- 10 Short layover at JNB
- 11 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 12 Angata Ngorongoro v Rhino Ldg/Angata Bolongoja v Tingitana Nrth Serengeti
- 13 A family safari in Tanzania
- 14 Uganda or Rwanda?
- 15 Just Back: Taming Kilimanjaro and northern Tanzania
- 16 Driving from Casablanca to Marrakesh?
- 17 Soweto guide and pricing to expect?
- 18 8 nights in Dubai...need advice regarding Dubai/Petra combo.
- 19 Safari in Tanzania with Zinga African Safaris
- 20 Any Experience with Africa Tours?
- 21 Tanzania Safari Itinerary Help Please?!!...Or Book When I Get There?
- 22 Uganda/Rwanda Gorilla Trekking
- 23 Israel and Petra
- 24 Tanzania Safari 7 or 8 night itinerary recommendations
- 25 Car Service - Abu Dhabi to Dubai