I will be traveling with two friends on a self drive through Namibia, across the Caprivi, Chobe, and finally ending in Victoria falls. Unfortunately, we need to return the car in Kasane, and have 10 days afterwards in which we are not sure what to do. Any ideas to get us started on our research? We're considering Zambia, Mozambique, and Malawi.
- We will just be capping of an 18 day self drive, so ideally, our plan should not require another rental. Preferably, a bus itinerary in which we spend a few days at each major destination would be great. We dont mind long rides.
- Also, we will have done Etosha and Chobe, so we're looking for something thst would be different, either in terms of wildlife, terrain, or activities.
- We have flights out of Joburg, so need to end somewhere we can take a reasonably priced flight back to South Africa.
- Generally, we tend to shy away from luxury lodges and prefer self-guided, off the beaten path, non-touristy activities.
Any ideas would be a huge help right now. We're currently in Damaraland and theres not much in the way of travel respurces here
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Nairobi, where to stay
- 2 Two Nights in Tangiers
- 3 Affidavit document for sole parent traveling to SA with child
- 4 Trip Report: South Africa & Namibia April 28 – May 14
- 5 Help plan African Safari
- 6 Trip Insurance for Africa Trip
- 7 Help planning a first safari on a budget?
- 8 Tipping on Safari
- 9 Cape Town
- 10 Widerness Lodges
- 11 THE PANORAMA ROUTE
- 12 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 13 Cape Town -safety
- 14 NBO Airport Transfer?
- 15 SA itin review
- 16 Botswana safari in late November
- 17 Ferry to Morocco
- 18 Thinking About Africa...Again!
- 19 Dubai (DXB) - New Business Lounges
- 20 Morocco 8 nights Dec trip ideas
- 21 Aug 17 Botswana itinerary help
- 22 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 23 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 24 Do no use Sunrise Eco Tours - Rwanda\Uganda
- 25 Safe to Travel to Morocco