I will be traveling with two friends on a self drive through Namibia, across the Caprivi, Chobe, and finally ending in Victoria falls. Unfortunately, we need to return the car in Kasane, and have 10 days afterwards in which we are not sure what to do. Any ideas to get us started on our research? We're considering Zambia, Mozambique, and Malawi.
- We will just be capping of an 18 day self drive, so ideally, our plan should not require another rental. Preferably, a bus itinerary in which we spend a few days at each major destination would be great. We dont mind long rides.
- Also, we will have done Etosha and Chobe, so we're looking for something thst would be different, either in terms of wildlife, terrain, or activities.
- We have flights out of Joburg, so need to end somewhere we can take a reasonably priced flight back to South Africa.
- Generally, we tend to shy away from luxury lodges and prefer self-guided, off the beaten path, non-touristy activities.
Any ideas would be a huge help right now. We're currently in Damaraland and theres not much in the way of travel respurces here
12 day itinerary from livingstone
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 2 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 3 Cape Town Safety?
- 4 first time family safari in August 2014
- 5 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 6 Memory cards for camera
- 7 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 8 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 9 Sabi Sands camps
- 10 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 11 London to Tel aviv What to expect at BG /Trans to Tel aviv / booking.com
- 12 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 13 Help with Rwanda trip
- 14 History Of Mount Kilimanjaro
- 15 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 16 Tel Aviv beaches
- 17 trip report, morocco
- 18 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 19 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 20 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 21 Morocco for 2 nights
- 22 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 23 Hotels in Nairobi
- 24 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 25 Rwanda trip report