I will be traveling with two friends on a self drive through Namibia, across the Caprivi, Chobe, and finally ending in Victoria falls. Unfortunately, we need to return the car in Kasane, and have 10 days afterwards in which we are not sure what to do. Any ideas to get us started on our research? We're considering Zambia, Mozambique, and Malawi.
- We will just be capping of an 18 day self drive, so ideally, our plan should not require another rental. Preferably, a bus itinerary in which we spend a few days at each major destination would be great. We dont mind long rides.
- Also, we will have done Etosha and Chobe, so we're looking for something thst would be different, either in terms of wildlife, terrain, or activities.
- We have flights out of Joburg, so need to end somewhere we can take a reasonably priced flight back to South Africa.
- Generally, we tend to shy away from luxury lodges and prefer self-guided, off the beaten path, non-touristy activities.
Any ideas would be a huge help right now. We're currently in Damaraland and theres not much in the way of travel respurces here
12 day itinerary from livingstone
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 2 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 3 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 4 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 5 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 6 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 7 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 8 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 9 Charity begins at Home!
- 10 Sun Safaris
- 11 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 12 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 13 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 14 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 15 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 16 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 17 Tour to Morocco
- 18 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 19 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 20 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 21 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.
- 22 Photographic Magazine's Top 10 Tips For Shooting On Safari...
- 23 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 24 Uganda again
- 25 November at victoria falls