I will be traveling with two friends on a self drive through Namibia, across the Caprivi, Chobe, and finally ending in Victoria falls. Unfortunately, we need to return the car in Kasane, and have 10 days afterwards in which we are not sure what to do. Any ideas to get us started on our research? We're considering Zambia, Mozambique, and Malawi.
- We will just be capping of an 18 day self drive, so ideally, our plan should not require another rental. Preferably, a bus itinerary in which we spend a few days at each major destination would be great. We dont mind long rides.
- Also, we will have done Etosha and Chobe, so we're looking for something thst would be different, either in terms of wildlife, terrain, or activities.
- We have flights out of Joburg, so need to end somewhere we can take a reasonably priced flight back to South Africa.
- Generally, we tend to shy away from luxury lodges and prefer self-guided, off the beaten path, non-touristy activities.
Any ideas would be a huge help right now. We're currently in Damaraland and theres not much in the way of travel respurces here
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Namibia--fly-in or guided drive?
- 2 Best Travel Technology Company In India
- 3 Best time to visit 2016 -
- 4 Can Anyone Say Anything Positive About Ethiopia Air?
- 5 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 6 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 7 1st time Africa: Zambezi Rafting & more - what do I need to know?
- 8 el gouna or soma bay????
- 9 day trip fes to chefchaouen
- 10 Safari photography help
- 11 Morocco - Chefchaouen, Ait Benhaddou
- 12 What is a normal price for driver from Amman airport to Petra
- 13 Israel itinerary
- 14 Tanzania trip Advice
- 15 Malawi with kiddos
- 16 Porini Mara & Porini Lion in October 2016
- 17 Local Tanzania companies
- 18 Yellow fever medical waiver - Rwanda and Tanzania
- 19 Ethiopian Quadrants - Travelers Beware
- 20 Trip Report April/May 2051 Tanzania Safari
- 21 Dubai Trip Idea
- 22 Last minute invite to Kenya - need reasonablebSafari tour operators
- 23 S.A. - is it possible to have a secluded safari?
- 24 My experience of 8 day tour in Morocco
- 25 Lewa Safari Camp - 4 nights