A friend and I will be travelling to Egypt in February, spending about 11 days there before taking the ferry to Jordan. Here is a very very (very) vague itinerary we have drafted. Suggestions and advice is much appreciated!
Day 1: arrive at 3am, sleep, taking it slow to explore Cairo, Khan el Khalili, Islamic Cairo etc (any other places to recommend around Cairo?)
Day 2: Pyramids, Memphis, Sakkara, Egyptian Museum
Day 3: White Desert camp
Day 4: Return to Cairo, sleep train / fly to Aswan
Day 5: Aswan
Day 6: Abu Simbel
Day 7: Aswan
Day 8: Nile Cruise to Luxor
Day 9: Luxor
Day 10: Luxor
Day 11: Return to Cairo, travel to Nuweiba for ferry to Jordan
A few questions I have are:
- Would it be better to do a 2 x night desert camp and spend one less day in Aswan or Luxor?
- We are on a very tight budget, so far only plan to book a tour for the desert camp but is it worth booking a guide for Luxor / Aswan for peach of mind?
- Any recommendations for sights in Aswan / Luxor / Cairo are appreciated
- Are these places enough to get a good feel for Egypt?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Late August Cape Town/Safari/Vic Falls Advice Wanted
- 2 3-part Zimbabwe: Join Wild Dog Researcher, Walk Mana Pools, Canoe Zambezi
- 3 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 4 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 5 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 6 South Africa Kgalagadi & Kruger back-to-back in 2016
- 7 Alexandria
- 8 Dubai in 36 hours
- 9 good internet connection option Meknes
- 10 A very belated TR - South of Namibia with Kgalagadi
- 11 South Africa trip report
- 12 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 13 Can gay people travel safely in Morocco?
- 14 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 15 Mombasa recomendations please
- 16 Private tours in Morocco
- 17 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 18 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 19 First time to Africa-need help!
- 20 How do I know if a company is legit
- 21 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 22 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 23 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 24 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 25 Jewish tour Casablanca