A friend and I will be travelling to Egypt in February, spending about 11 days there before taking the ferry to Jordan. Here is a very very (very) vague itinerary we have drafted. Suggestions and advice is much appreciated!
Day 1: arrive at 3am, sleep, taking it slow to explore Cairo, Khan el Khalili, Islamic Cairo etc (any other places to recommend around Cairo?)
Day 2: Pyramids, Memphis, Sakkara, Egyptian Museum
Day 3: White Desert camp
Day 4: Return to Cairo, sleep train / fly to Aswan
Day 5: Aswan
Day 6: Abu Simbel
Day 7: Aswan
Day 8: Nile Cruise to Luxor
Day 9: Luxor
Day 10: Luxor
Day 11: Return to Cairo, travel to Nuweiba for ferry to Jordan
A few questions I have are:
- Would it be better to do a 2 x night desert camp and spend one less day in Aswan or Luxor?
- We are on a very tight budget, so far only plan to book a tour for the desert camp but is it worth booking a guide for Luxor / Aswan for peach of mind?
- Any recommendations for sights in Aswan / Luxor / Cairo are appreciated
- Are these places enough to get a good feel for Egypt?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 2 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 3 Israel in April - itinerary help
- 4 Kgalagadi Transfrontier NP
- 5 Mpumalanga visit
- 6 Advice, please: Addo Elephant Park to Cape Town AIrport on Garden Route
- 7 safe areas to go on safari
- 8 Rabat opinion and prices in Rabat + video
- 9 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 10 Okavango and Kalahari in December
- 11 Lion World
- 12 Victoria Falls
- 13 WOMEN DRIVING IN SA
- 14 8 nights in Dubai...need advice regarding Dubai/Petra combo.
- 15 2015: South Africa for a fortnight
- 16 Now is a GREAT time to visit Egypt! (Trip Report)
- 17 TRIP REPORT – 5 fantastic weeks in South Africa, Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) and Mauritius
- 18 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 19 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 20 Migration in Tanzania/Kenya - September
- 21 Trip to Kenya - Nov 26-Dec 9
- 22 Kruger park
- 23 Casablanca arrival -alternative first night stay
- 24 Have itinerary -- need an agency
- 25 Malaria medications Africa