A friend and I will be travelling to Egypt in February, spending about 11 days there before taking the ferry to Jordan. Here is a very very (very) vague itinerary we have drafted. Suggestions and advice is much appreciated!
Day 1: arrive at 3am, sleep, taking it slow to explore Cairo, Khan el Khalili, Islamic Cairo etc (any other places to recommend around Cairo?)
Day 2: Pyramids, Memphis, Sakkara, Egyptian Museum
Day 3: White Desert camp
Day 4: Return to Cairo, sleep train / fly to Aswan
Day 5: Aswan
Day 6: Abu Simbel
Day 7: Aswan
Day 8: Nile Cruise to Luxor
Day 9: Luxor
Day 10: Luxor
Day 11: Return to Cairo, travel to Nuweiba for ferry to Jordan
A few questions I have are:
- Would it be better to do a 2 x night desert camp and spend one less day in Aswan or Luxor?
- We are on a very tight budget, so far only plan to book a tour for the desert camp but is it worth booking a guide for Luxor / Aswan for peach of mind?
- Any recommendations for sights in Aswan / Luxor / Cairo are appreciated
- Are these places enough to get a good feel for Egypt?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Cape Town -safety
- 2 Widerness Lodges
- 3 SA itin review
- 4 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 5 Botswana safari in late November
- 6 Tipping on Safari
- 7 Ferry to Morocco
- 8 Thinking About Africa...Again!
- 9 Dubai (DXB) - New Business Lounges
- 10 Morocco 8 nights Dec trip ideas
- 11 Aug 17 Botswana itinerary help
- 12 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 13 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 14 Do no use Sunrise Eco Tours - Rwanda\Uganda
- 15 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 16 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 17 Fuerteventura: SS America (SS American Star)
- 18 Lodge Feedback
- 19 Flying to Fes from Europe
- 20 Driving in South Africa
- 21 Help with 9 day itinerary - Essaouira or time in the desert
- 22 Itinerary Help - 9 Full days in Morocco
- 23 Casablanca, Hassan II Mosque tour times
- 24 Cape Town and Safari trip report
- 25 2 Months in Ethiopia - My Experience