A friend and I will be travelling to Egypt in February, spending about 11 days there before taking the ferry to Jordan. Here is a very very (very) vague itinerary we have drafted. Suggestions and advice is much appreciated!
Day 1: arrive at 3am, sleep, taking it slow to explore Cairo, Khan el Khalili, Islamic Cairo etc (any other places to recommend around Cairo?)
Day 2: Pyramids, Memphis, Sakkara, Egyptian Museum
Day 3: White Desert camp
Day 4: Return to Cairo, sleep train / fly to Aswan
Day 5: Aswan
Day 6: Abu Simbel
Day 7: Aswan
Day 8: Nile Cruise to Luxor
Day 9: Luxor
Day 10: Luxor
Day 11: Return to Cairo, travel to Nuweiba for ferry to Jordan
A few questions I have are:
- Would it be better to do a 2 x night desert camp and spend one less day in Aswan or Luxor?
- We are on a very tight budget, so far only plan to book a tour for the desert camp but is it worth booking a guide for Luxor / Aswan for peach of mind?
- Any recommendations for sights in Aswan / Luxor / Cairo are appreciated
- Are these places enough to get a good feel for Egypt?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Packing for safari in South Africa (summer)
- 2 Travelling to Atlas mountains
- 3 Tanzania - first trip - many questions.
- 4 Namibia Itinerary
- 5 name issue
- 6 Israel for 10 days
- 7 First safari- what to wear? Gifts for locals?
- 8 Rental Car Rabat Airport
- 9 14-16 day visit to South Africa
- 10 experiences with African travel Resource
- 11 3 days in Jo'Burg
- 12 Madagascar suggestions
- 13 3-part Zimbabwe: Join Wild Dog Researcher, Walk Mana Pools, Canoe Zambezi
- 14 First time in Southafrica - Suggested itinerary
- 15 Seven day solo trip to Morocco
- 16 East Africa Travel Visa - Starting in Kenya
- 17 4 weeks in South Africa ideas
- 18 only private conservancies or can i add in a national park
- 19 Single traveler
- 20 Should I visit Vamizi Island again?
- 21 Liquids Restrictions - South Africa to Zimbabwe
- 22 Morocco & Spain with Kidos!
- 23 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 24 My Magical Southern African Photography Safari: A Trip Report
- 25 morocco help please