A friend and I will be travelling to Egypt in February, spending about 11 days there before taking the ferry to Jordan. Here is a very very (very) vague itinerary we have drafted. Suggestions and advice is much appreciated!
Day 1: arrive at 3am, sleep, taking it slow to explore Cairo, Khan el Khalili, Islamic Cairo etc (any other places to recommend around Cairo?)
Day 2: Pyramids, Memphis, Sakkara, Egyptian Museum
Day 3: White Desert camp
Day 4: Return to Cairo, sleep train / fly to Aswan
Day 5: Aswan
Day 6: Abu Simbel
Day 7: Aswan
Day 8: Nile Cruise to Luxor
Day 9: Luxor
Day 10: Luxor
Day 11: Return to Cairo, travel to Nuweiba for ferry to Jordan
A few questions I have are:
- Would it be better to do a 2 x night desert camp and spend one less day in Aswan or Luxor?
- We are on a very tight budget, so far only plan to book a tour for the desert camp but is it worth booking a guide for Luxor / Aswan for peach of mind?
- Any recommendations for sights in Aswan / Luxor / Cairo are appreciated
- Are these places enough to get a good feel for Egypt?
11 day rough itinerary for Egypt - feedback appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Long layover at Hamad Airport, Doha
- 2 Side trip from Kigali Rwanda
- 3 First trip to Africa in December-January
- 4 Tanzania or Kenya in October
- 5 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 6 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 7 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 8 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 9 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 10 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 11 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 12 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 13 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 14 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 15 Charity begins at Home!
- 16 Sun Safaris
- 17 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 18 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 19 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 20 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 21 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 22 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 23 Tour to Morocco
- 24 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 25 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?