I am planning a trip to South Africa in late April. While I know 10 days/9 nights is hardly enough to do the country justice, it is all we have to work with. I travel to SA frequently for work but my boyfriend who joining me for this holiday has never been to Africa and I have only traveled a little during my business trips. We are looking to have fun and see and experience as much as possible in the short time, but also to be able to relax and enjoy the activities.
I had thought to do 2-3 nights in Kruger, 2-3 nights Blyde River Canyon, and then 2-3 nights either on the beach in Mozambique or in Cape Town.
I had been told by SA friends that Cape Town was not worth it if traveling with someone who has never seen Africa as it has a "more European, less African vibe", but after reading through other threads I am reconsidering.
My questions are:
- Where to stay/safari in Kruger? I am willing to spend some money here to stay in a 3-4 star lodge
- Thoughts on Blyde River Canyon? worth going?
- Cape Town vs Mozambique?
Any other comments or advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 와이즈토토▤sostns.com▤베트맨토토
- 2 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 3 Egypt January-February 2018
- 4 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 5 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 6 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 7 safari for the mobility impaired
- 8 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 9 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 10 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 11 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 12 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 13 Dubai shopping - any tips?
- 14 Need a Car in Nassau?
- 15 Dining in Cape Town
- 16 Change Tour Operators at Last Minute?
- 17 Dubai plan
- 18 Best Layover from NY to Cape Town
- 19 Israel with kids in August
- 20 Sterkfontein/ Cradle of Humankind
- 21 Iran in May
- 22 South Africa in June
- 23 Dual Citizenship- Travelling question
- 24 IRAN
- 25 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?