I am planning a trip to South Africa in late April. While I know 10 days/9 nights is hardly enough to do the country justice, it is all we have to work with. I travel to SA frequently for work but my boyfriend who joining me for this holiday has never been to Africa and I have only traveled a little during my business trips. We are looking to have fun and see and experience as much as possible in the short time, but also to be able to relax and enjoy the activities.
I had thought to do 2-3 nights in Kruger, 2-3 nights Blyde River Canyon, and then 2-3 nights either on the beach in Mozambique or in Cape Town.
I had been told by SA friends that Cape Town was not worth it if traveling with someone who has never seen Africa as it has a "more European, less African vibe", but after reading through other threads I am reconsidering.
My questions are:
- Where to stay/safari in Kruger? I am willing to spend some money here to stay in a 3-4 star lodge
- Thoughts on Blyde River Canyon? worth going?
- Cape Town vs Mozambique?
Any other comments or advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.supplement4choice.com/ak-garcinia-slim/
- 2 Mombasa recomendations please
- 3 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 4 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 5 South Africa trip report
- 6 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 7 Can gay people travel safely in Morocco?
- 8 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 9 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 10 Private tours in Morocco
- 11 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 12 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 13 First time to Africa-need help!
- 14 How do I know if a company is legit
- 15 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 16 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 17 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 18 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 19 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 20 Ethiopian security
- 21 Duffel Bag Suggestions?
- 22 Eyes on Africa Safari Recommendations???
- 23 morocco
- 24 Morocco 10 days - plz review
- 25 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit